This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge 196 "in the farmyard".

The 196th challenge is "in the farmyard". Open to your interpretation as always.

This salon will end midnight Friday 13th of May(I'm not superstitious).

Here's what you do:

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. Upload your entry to your FTU user gallery (all entries must be present in an FTU gallery, which you automatically get if you are registered on the FTU forum), so if you aren't registered, you will need to if you would like to join the fun!)

3. Use the gallery IMG code or the 'Post New Thread' Advanced Mode 'My Pics' facility to display your picture in a response to this message. If you are having trouble with this, post a message for some help here and we'll gladly assist. It become easy after a while!

4. Only two entries per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that's OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you intend doing.

5. The decision of the curator at the end of the two weeks is final - don't give him or her a hard time about it; this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

6. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator and, as soon as possible, post a message starting a new thread in the FTU Salon board, with details of the new theme. That opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

7. The curator can't enter his or her own salon!

Have fun

eg
    All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14,50-200,50mm F2 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500,OM50mm(F1.8),OM28mm(f2.8),FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,Manfrotto 680b monopod,crap tripod,various filters/CF cards.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andypeter/

Re: Challenge 196 "in the farmyard".

Pigs abound

The retired officer

Comment

As I approached these two were kicking up their heels. As soon as I was prepared to photograph them they stood like this until I got fed up and went away . . . did I look so threatening to make them so nervous?

Comment

I met this cool cow in May last year.

found on a farm in Northern Bavaria

Regards Rudolf

some of my pictures
        http://www.rudolf-rager.de/

Comment

Corn

"Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

Joey... on the table he knows he's not to be on...

"Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

Taken at Glenesk about 9 years ago with my first digital camera, an Olympus E-500.
              Stewart

Visit my website http://dryplaid.zenfolio.com/

Olympus: E-M1 + HLD-7 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | EE-1 Dot Sight Lumix: G9 | LX100 Nissin: i40
              Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135 Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye Tamron: 14-150

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Angus at Strathyre
                Stewart

Visit my website http://dryplaid.zenfolio.com/

Olympus: E-M1 + HLD-7 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | EE-1 Dot Sight Lumix: G9 | LX100 Nissin: i40
                Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135 Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye Tamron: 14-150

Comment

Serious Farming Kit

Comment

Calf #3

Winter Sunrise on the Farm

- Hal -
                    A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
                    Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

One day to go, anymore for anymore.
                      All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14,50-200,50mm F2 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500,OM50mm(F1.8),OM28mm(f2.8),FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,Manfrotto 680b monopod,crap tripod,various filters/CF cards.

Comment

At last a fully functioning computer!! So here are my two attempts.

Funny what grows in some farmyards!

Farmyard? What farmyard?

Comment

Hi Andy -

Sorry to have missed the action - I have been resting as they say.

Love the entries.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Thank you for your entries, as usual shame we didn't have a few more.

A mention for Shaw's long horned sheep, really liked it. My first DSLR was an E500 also.

But for something that you see in farmyards a lot but is a little different my winner is Jackknill's tyres.

Well done and over to you.

All the best

Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy and everyone who contributed. An unexpected honour! I'll get around to posting the next challenge later - just back from hospital as my son is just recovering from an operation and all has gone well.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X