This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 190th FTU Salon - Power

Not a huge amount of entries but more than enough in terms of quality to give me a dilemma when judging and I enjoyed seeing them all. Here are the results:

3rd Bitrix - There is some serious photoshopping going on here, but the result very much suits the subject and emphasises the enormous power of the mechanical digger.

2nd Barrie - I'm glad you settled for this picture rather than the steam train, because it fits the theme so well but from a refreshing angle. You would not normally associate a child with the theme of power, yet in this delightful shot there is no doubting the power and determination of your young grandson who is clearly on a mission.

1st Kurt - I love the mystical atmosphere as the tiny figure in red appears to be summoning the raw, awesome power of Nature. A fantastic photograph and a wonderful interpretation of the theme!

I was disappointed not to be able to find a place in the top three for several other entries, which were perfectly good interpretations of the theme and composed and processed to a very high standard.

Anyway, it's over to you, Kurt for the next Salon. Once you have posted it I will edit the rules to reflect the recent decision to allow two entries per member in the competition.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
      Not a huge amount of entries but more than enough in terms of quality to give me a dilemma when judging and I enjoyed seeing them all. Here are the results:

3rd Bitrix - There is some serious photoshopping going on here, but the result very much suits the subject and emphasises the enormous power of the mechanical digger.

2nd Barrie - I'm glad you settled for this picture rather than the steam train, because it fits the theme so well but from a refreshing angle. You would not normally associate a child with the theme of power, yet in this delightful shot there is no doubting the power and determination of your young grandson who is clearly on a mission.

1st Kurt - I love the mystical atmosphere as the tiny figure in red appears to be summoning the raw, awesome power of Nature. A fantastic photograph and a wonderful interpretation of the theme!

I was disappointed not to be able to find a place in the top three for several other entries, which were perfectly good interpretations of the theme and composed and processed to a very high standard.

Anyway, it's over to you, Kurt for the next Salon. Once you have posted it I will edit the rules to reflect the recent decision to allow two entries per member in the competition.
      Hi John -

Thanks for running the challenge and I'm most pleased you considered my entry.

Congratulations to Bitrix.

Congratulations Kurt - a great entry and a worthy winner of the Salon.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Wow, thanks very much. I think there are some particularly fine entries. I will sleep on it and come up with a new subject tomorrow for the first Salon under the new rules. Just checking my bus timetable

Comment

Working...
        X