X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Weekly Close Up 21/2009

Looking great guys.

Summer is coming to a end here, so my very limited supplies of bugs are going to get even slimmer.

E 3, 50 mm, EC 20, SRF-11

Thanks for looking

Jim

Comment

I did this one in our National Park yesterday...

Olympus E-3 with Zuiko 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 and EC-14, ISO 100.
      Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Took these at the weekend with my Panasonic G1 14-45 lens, trying to get close with tripod and using timer. The hornet landed just in time, I was screaming and dancing round the garden elated, my partner thought I'd been stung!
        Attached Files

Comment

Great shot of the hornet and flower!
          E30, OMZ, OM & Sigma glass

Comment

Yeah, I like that one, too!

Here's another closer-up of the grasshopper at the national park, this time with the 70-300mm...

Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

A holiday for me over in M'sia, SO I visited the KL Birdpark with my son. Armed with that 50-200, these are taken very up close.

An Emu

And a stork (I think) This bird was so friendly, it just stood there to be photographed.

Not a closeup. This bird is not afraid of visitors.
              My humble Photos

Comment

The blue face one is actually a cassowary, nice shot pity you lost his crown
                OM-D E-M1 | mzd 7-14 pro | mzd 12-40 Pro|mzd 40-150 Pro| MC 1.4| manfrotto 198xprob | benro 98mc monopod| gorillapod| lowepro terraclime 100| L R4 | Adobe MS 6

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Comment

Hi, these pics are amazing. This is what I'm after taking myself but I obviously haven't got what it takes. As I'm new to photography please, please tell me what I need to be able to do this with my Panasonic G1. I'm beginning to feel really frustrated!! Many thanks, Fiona

Comment

Originally posted by lanegd01 View Post
                    The blue face one is actually a cassowary, nice shot pity you lost his crown
                    Thanks for the correction.. I did get 1 with it's crown but it's within an enclosure and i had to crop out the ugly bars..
                    My humble Photos

Comment

Thought that I would throw this one up here too. Form our recently concluded trip to England. This swan was definitely into posing for the camera. No cropping, in fact I had to be careful taking it not to get the camera too close. Almost had to back the less up from the 42mm,
                      I was just sitting on a bench outside of Hever Castle waiting for my wife and friends.

My grandson, Ian (not our own FTU Ian), calls me "Tata", so I am...

Ian's Tata

Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons...
                      For you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

http://ianstata.com
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ians-tata/
                      http://www.edwardswaterhouseinn.com/ 2014, 2015, & 2016 TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence
                      https://www.facebook.com/edwardswaterhouse

Comment

Not a Swedish but a Turkish grasshopper, never seen an insect such big before. Now I know why they can make that noise, but not why they do.

E-3 with flash and Live View with articulated LCD.

ZD ED 40-150mm ƒ/4.0-5.6
                        • Closest Focusing Distance 0.9m
                        • Maximum Image Magnification 0.14x

ZD ED 12-60mm ƒ/2.8-4.0 SWD
                        • Closest Focusing Distance 0.25m
                        • Maximum Image Magnification 0.28x
                        Attached Files

Comment

Better behind bars - they can be quite vicious and a hit with the crown can break your arm or worse.
                          Graeme
                          OM-D E-M1 | mzd 7-14 pro | mzd 12-40 Pro|mzd 40-150 Pro| MC 1.4| manfrotto 198xprob | benro 98mc monopod| gorillapod| lowepro terraclime 100| L R4 | Adobe MS 6

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Comment

I haven't posted in ages. My Mac crashed and burned and I had to get another one.

Does anyone else keep poultry? Chickens are great fun.

Dragons too.

I used my e-520 kit 14-40 w/ a magnifying glass for the dragonfly. Just holding it by the handle against the camera lens works surprisingly well. Of course, these are just hand held snapshots and it mostly shows, but still, they're reasonably sharp and colorful.

Some cropping.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Conrad View Post
                              Does anyone else keep poultry? Chickens are great fun.
                              I like the chickens, they show great personality. The first one looks tough and ready to rumble. The second is kind of aloof and stuck up, not caring...
                              "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

A couple more shots.

The barbarian hordes attack my garden every year. They are in their tiny cute stage here. They get big like a stink bug and suck tomatoes and squash dry.

The bee fly thing I have no idea what it is, although it looks like it could sting or bite pretty good.

Again, these shots are taken with the kit 14-40 lens w/ a magnifying glass held in front of the lens. For tight close-ups I don't seem to get much color aberration or blue haloing.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X