X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Weekly Close Up ...18/2009 Post yours

I know I'm trying

The butterfly pix taken today didn't work out, so here is something completely different.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Here's a couple from me with the 50mm f2 macro, I'm still learning about macro DOF and aperture values as I only got the lens yesterday.

The bugs were about 10mm long 1/125 f8 ISO 320 processed in Lightroom and post cropped a bit.

The flower or bud whatever isn't cropped but mildly processed in Lightroom.

Paul
      Attached Files
      GH-3, OM-D, 7-14, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300, 25, 60 macro, 40-150 Pro.

RX100

View my online albums Picasa and
      Flickr

Comment

Barr1e

That is one cool looking wasp and it's better you got what you could rather than waiting to get in closer. It's a good shot as it is and much better than none.

The screw is a interesting composition. Simple yet holds the attention. Very good close up.

Paul

Nice first day with the 50mm. I can tell you that in macro, DOF is slim even at high apertures. Even slimmer as you open up. So far you are doing fine.

Thanks for sharing

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jimindenver View Post
          Hal

Lovely flower, I much more prefer the color version.
          We accept small animals and children in the WCU too

Jim
          I just happen to have a small animal from this week--Black and Rufous Elephant-Shrew. Still not macro, but as close as I could get with the glass between us. (Just as well the glass was there--otherwise he/she would have certainly just run away!)

E-410, 12-60 SWD @ 60 mm, ISO 400, 1/60 sec. @ f/6.3 (M mode), FL-50R with diffuser, -1 EV flash exposure compensation; cropped a slice off the top for composition.

(If you're asking, "what's a rufous," I found a fun explanation here: http://10000birds.com/color-me-rufous.htm

- Hal -
          A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
          Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Rufous is the new dog.

And your shrew is a cutie. Although I suspect it would find your fingers or lens an appealing snack.

Steve
            Steve

Comment

With Jim's encouragement on another thread, I had camera in hand when this beastie landed in the conservatory this afternoon. Well 'take it' I could hear Jim call - so I did.

E-3 - 70-300 - lens + 1.4 converter - f5.6 - A.mode iso200 I had these settings for some outside work but the rain came (again). So snap it when you can.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Excellent shot. Ugly , awful critter. I hope that after taking this superb portrait, you squished the thingie flat.

Signed,
                Not a Buddhist
                Steve

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
                  Excellent shot. Ugly , awful critter. I hope that after taking this superb portrait, you squished the thingie flat.

Signed,
                  Not a Buddhist
                  I had battered fish and chips with mushy peas today for lunch, followed by peaches for sweet.

We both enjoyed it very much, although I'm feeling somewhat bloated!
                  The critter managed lift off - more than I could do to get off the chair.

Regards. Barr1e

O/T Hope you and Mrs fluffy are well.

Comment

Hi, This is my first time posting images anywhere. I Saw this Black Arches moth in my bathroom on a net curtain.

The shot was taken with E-510 and OMZ135mm 3.5 @ f8 with 36mm macro tube and built in flash.

Comment

Hal

That is one cool shrew. I don't think I've seen one before. Now you know why I like to see shots like these. Very well done too.

Barrr1e

Flies are a great subject, there are always some around to practice with. It wont be long before you realize that it isn't hard.

Addicting yes, hard no.

Avion

Welcome to the Weekly Close up

I'm honored that you chose the WCU for your first image. I have to say you get much prettier moths there than I do. Very nice shot.

Thanks for sharing

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X