X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shots Along the way

Was driving thru Rajasthan (india)
    came up with this curious incident.
    The man on this cycle had cycled across the bridge - next pic.
    and stopped - lit his smoke which is when i took the shot.
    in the meanwhile noticed the solitary figure walking across the bridge - took that shot too . Interestingly when she finally came across - she hopped on to the back carrier of the cycle and off they went - left me wondering why the all didn't cross the bridge on wheels.

The last one was taken further along the highway at a roadside tea-shack-
    Shot the joy in the seasoned face
    E510, E3, E-PL1,E620 ,E-5,OM-D
    50-200SWD, 14-54Mk1, 50mm f2. 35mm,70-300mm,12-60mmSWD,PL-25mm-1.4,150mm-F2
    MFT: 14-42(kit)/12mm/45mm

Re: Shots Along the way

The big central picture with the woman crossing the bridge is epic - great shot, though some might say a touch cliché - but don't worry, it's yours and you should be proud of it!

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
    Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
    Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
    Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
      The big central picture with the woman crossing the bridge is epic - ....

Ian
      Thanks Ian - for using the wordn 'epic' I really wished later on when i had seen the picture on a larger screen that i had set up the tripod and worked on the frame to get a lot more clarity on the woman and child - I kind of seem to zoom in on them every time i look at the picture - which probably means its the natural point of focus.

Comment

I agree with Ian, the shot of the woman on the bridge is an absolute classic. What would a B&W conversion look like I wonder. Might add a sense of timelessness to the shot.

Comment

Have to agree, the middle shot is fab, I can imagine it being used in magazine!
          E1, EP3, GX1, 14-54 mkII, 70-300mm, m9-18, m14-42, m40-150, m20 1.7, m45 1.8, FL36 & various OM glass. flickr

Comment

Raj,

How on earth did you manage to get no other people on a bridge in India? My recent experience was that it is almost impossible not to have lots of people in any shot

I like the 3rd one too - facial expression is great capture.

Well done.
            Cheers....OzGary
            -----------------------------------
            E620 + ZD 14-42, 14-54, 40-150, 50-200, 70-300 and EC14 (+ E510)
            E-M1 + EP3 + VF-2 + u1250 + u1442 + u14150 + u17 + u45 + MMF-2

Picasa

Comment

Im sort of stumped at the way you folks are homing in on the bridge picture - Thanks -- i must have been looking at other viewpoints -

Bear -- I am dead scared of trying anything B&W , i think its one of the most dangerous shades of colour - ( will try on the quiet though).

Gary -- I was'nt on a tourist route .. in fact i had stopped at the bridge and was staring at the isolation thinking to shoot or not to shoot when this shimmer of this woman showed up.
              And coming to think of it ,yes its nearly impossible to find any place in this country without a crowd

Comment

A very nice set, I like them all.

As I was looking through them one of my first thoughts on the bridge shot was 'great what about a B&W version' I think as already observed it would brush up very well indeed.
                Neil

www.ndlphotography.co.uk

Comment

Hi Raj -

I like them all and if I were to choose just one it would be number three quite delightful.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Ok so here goes...

My VERY first B&W (processing) attempts - SO LETS KNOW WHAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING TO QUALIFY THE SHOT FOR A GOOD B&W RENDITION.
                    ---Or maybe somebody could just do something about it and post it back.

The fourth one (color) was a variant first of three shots - i sort of felt the greenery obstructive . COMMENTS PLEASE.!!
                    Last edited by Raj Surin; 18th June 2009, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Raj,
                      All three are truly magnificent shots, but I'm going with the original color version of the woman on the bridge. It has a marvelous sense of solitude. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Raj Surin View Post
                        Was driving thru Rajasthan (india)
                        came up with this curious incident.
                        The man on this cycle had cycled across the bridge - next pic.
                        and stopped - lit his smoke which is when i took the shot.
                        in the meanwhile noticed the solitary figure walking across the bridge - took that shot too . Interestingly when she finally came across - she hopped on to the back carrier of the cycle and off they went - left me wondering why the all didn't cross the bridge on wheels.

The last one was taken further along the highway at a roadside tea-shack-
                        Shot the joy in the seasoned face
                        Cannot see any links just text.
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        E3, E510, 50-200SWD, 14-54 Mk1, 35mm Macro, 14-42 Kit, 200mm & 300mm legacys, HDL-4 & Manfrotto tripod & head.

Comment

Sorry there , sights...
                          The pics have actually been removed from the gallery to make space for the more recent ones ... and right now my gallery is full to the hilt. If you want , i shall attach these pics again tommorow - i'm sort of far from those pic files right now.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Thanks Raj, would love to see them.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------
                            E3, E510, 50-200SWD, 14-54 Mk1, 35mm Macro, 14-42 Kit, 200mm & 300mm legacys, HDL-4 & Manfrotto tripod & head.

Comment

Sights...

Just uploaded them for you in picassa

http://picasaweb.google.com/srsurin/FTU#

...and theres more if you are interested in other albums - Hope you like them (feel free to comment on them - that's what they are there for)

Its the first few 'shots along the way'

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X