First attempt to catch dragonfly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt to catch dragonfly

I am playing around with my new 'second hand' E-3 with the 70-300mm lens. This lens is not quick and it is so hard to catch them. I am still a noob in photography. Feel free to pass on any comments
    Attached Files

Re: First attempt to catch dragonfly

Dragonflies are hard. You did well here. Great compositions, especially the first one. I think both need a contrast hit. I ran the second one through NIK's Color Efex Pro Contrast filter, because it was quick and does a great job and this is what I came up with:

This could and should be tweaked a bit, but this shows what I think could be done.
    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by thelaxong View Post
      I am playing around with my new 'second hand' E-3 with the 70-300mm lens. This lens is not quick and it is so hard to catch them. I am still a noob in photography. Feel free to pass on any comments
      You did well on your first attempt.

Once you get used to the 70-300 lens you will be out looking what to shoot at next.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
        Dragonflies are hard. You did well here. Great compositions, especially the first one. I think both need a contrast hit. I ran the second one through NIK's Color Efex Pro Contrast filter, because it was quick and does a great job and this is what I came up with:

... "removed image"

This could and should be tweaked a bit, but this shows what I think could be done.
        Thanks for the comments & tips. The post-processed picture clearly showed me the way how much better that picture could be.

I am in a learning process and I haven't reach the stage to do post-processing of a picture. I hope I will pick up a lot of tips & tricks along the way and also learn how to use software to enhance the pictures.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
          You did well on your first attempt.

Once you get used to the 70-300 lens you will be out looking what to shoot at next.

Regards. Barr1e
          Thanks for the positive comment. So ... what do you think I should be shooting next .

Comment

Working...
          X