lonely

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lonely

Not posted for a very long time, had a heart attack a two weeks ago and I am now at the stage I need to occupy my mind so thought I would post a picture or two for critique.
    Attached Files

Re: lonely

Three beautiful models & photos of them. I'm sorry to hear you've been through a rough time & hope your recovery goes well.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

I'd say looking at and working with beautiful women and photos of them is a good way to keep the old ticker active and healthy, nice photos. Speedy recovery and hope your back to normal soon...
      "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your heart problems and loneliness, Patrick. I hope you heal from both quickly. These are beautiful portraits. My only critique is with the second one. I don't really like the strands of hair coming out to the left against the wall, or the bricks in the upper left. I don't see much of interest in the left side of the photo, and the hair and bricks tend to draw my eye away from the model.

- Hal -
        A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
        Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Hi Patrick -

Good wishes for a complete recovery.

I don't do critique but I like what I see.

Pleased to see you back.

Kind regards -

Barr1e

Comment

Thank you for your feedback guys.
            Hal, your comments on the hair are rather interesting, it's what prompted me to press the shutter at that moment. The hair had caught on the rough wall and I loved it.
            However I do take your point on the bricks, something that I could see but did not register in the way you see them, but now you have pointed them out I agree.
            Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by hschnee View Post
              I'm so sorry to hear about your heart problems and loneliness, Patrick. I hope you heal from both quickly. These are beautiful portraits. My only critique is with the second one. I don't really like the strands of hair coming out to the left against the wall, or the bricks in the upper left. I don't see much of interest in the left side of the photo, and the hair and bricks tend to draw my eye away from the model.

- Hal -
              Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              Thank you for your feedback guys.
              Hal, your comments on the hair are rather interesting, it's what prompted me to press the shutter at that moment. The hair had caught on the rough wall and I loved it.
              However I do take your point on the bricks, something that I could see but did not register in the way you see them, but now you have pointed them out I agree.
              Patrick
              I have to confess that she in that photo would have to be the pick of the three for me. I guess a portrait crop could be done & using the healing tool if that bit of hair was not desired. Perhaps the caught hair did add a little more provocativeness to the photo though.
              Ross
              Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.

Comment

I really like the first one, because of her face, eyes and overall styling.
                On the second picture, the wall and hair looks fine for me, but what looks weird are hands of that girl. They have completely different color than rest of her body and it really draws my eyes towards them, guess a little local adjustment can make it look similar to the rest of the body.
                Regards, Pavel.

E-1(x2) | ZD 14-45 | ZD 14-54 | ZD 40-150 Mk.1 | ZD 70-300 | FL-50 | Velbon Sherpa 750R
                M42(Pancolar 50/1.8, Pentacon 200/4)+ M42->4/3 reduction

Comment

Originally posted by T-Lama View Post
                  I really like the first one, because of her face, eyes and overall styling.
                  On the second picture, the wall and hair looks fine for me, but what looks weird are hands of that girl. They have completely different color than rest of her body and it really draws my eyes towards them, guess a little local adjustment can make it look similar to the rest of the body.
                  She must have warm hands then.
                  Ross

Comment

Lovely portraits. To good health in your recovery.

Comment

Many thanks to you all for your good wishes. I have never been really ill before felt cut off isolated even though my wife was there all the time for me. Communicating outside the home environment has been helpful. Getting stronger now and that helps cope with the mental problem that comes with a heart attack. All my thanks goes to New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton, not to mention the consultants, saved my life with their fast and prompt attention, this goes to the paramedics and Amulance services as well. The nurses were wonderful at the hospital kind understanding and attentive, even the cleaners always had a smile.
                      Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick. Sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you feel better soon. I agree with you about the 2nd pic. I was attracted by the way the hair's stuck to the wall, it makes the composition. By the way all 3 pics are excellent. The red cup really works well in the 1st pic makes you notice the eyes! Regards Peter H

Comment

Working...
                        X