Abstract Hibiscu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abstract Hibiscu

I've been working my way through Freeman Patterson's book The Art of Seeing and came across his suggestion for intentional camera shake. Does this work or is it restroom decor (that bland "pretty" stuff you see in restaurant restrooms)?
    Kay

Re: Abstract Hibiscu

Sorry does nothing for me.
    Ed.

The early bird gets the worm , but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

Hi Kay, it depends upon the effect you were after. Many deliberate shake shots are more moderately controlled to keep the scene/subject recognisable. This is less subtle and goes for a totally abstract look that relies upon the pleasing combination of colours to make the shot. In that respect I think it would make a more effective and tighter composition if you cropped the bottom to form a square. Not really my cup of tea, but that's just my opinion and does not invalidate it.
      View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

Maybe as a series of shots it could work.
        But on its own, while nice abstract shot that has a 'painted quality',
        doesn't really hold its own presence, nothing that integral to the image.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Abstract is always intriguing to me. Try rotating it and it changes. I "see" motion. The more I look the more I see different objects, ideas, forms. I wouldnt buy it though but if it satisfies you, thats what counts. Some people like pictures of smoke. The book is the ART of seeing not the technology of seeing.
            Lou

Comment

Working...
            X