X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Change of rules for the Salon.

Originally posted by deevee View Post
    I'm good with 2 even though one should be able to assess one's best entry for that competition
    Cheers ,
    I for one am terrible at guessing what sort of photo a judge will like. The entry that I consider my best is often not what a competition judge prefers. Often, it seems to come down to personal preference, mood, subject matter, etc. rather than any objective quality of the photo, if there is such a thing.

- Hal -
    A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
    Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Originally posted by hschnee View Post
      I for one am terrible at guessing what sort of photo a judge will like. The entry that I consider my best is often not what a competition judge prefers. Often, it seems to come down to personal preference, mood, subject matter, etc. rather than any objective quality of the photo, if there is such a thing.

- Hal -
      Me too, Hal.
      View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
        What makes you think that those of us living in England have a bus schedule? Surely you've heard that this is the land of cutbacks, austerity and deep gloom. And as for having an 'R' in the month, no doubt they'll want to tax us on that pretty soon!
        I have to take some of this back. I've just heard that our local rural bus service, which is partially funded by the council, has been spared from the threatened cancellation and a new deal has been agreed that will support it for at least the next four years. It's not a wonderful service, but it is a lot better than nothing!
        View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

I was going to make a snide reply to your post comparing Canada to England for taxes but a quick review showed that in the big picture of most developed countries neither are that bad. I mean, really, Robert can ride the chicken bus in Nicaragua, how bad can yours be?
          "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

Working...
          X