Crazy bird day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy bird day

It´s no secret that I'm interested i birds. Today I went to and island called Öland, east of my hometown and saw some really rare birds.

I hade the luck to see these bird species: Azure tit, Red-flanked bluetail, siberian accentor, little bunting and black redstart. The first four were new birds for me. If I'm correct, the Azure tit has only been seen in Sweden two times since 1900, and then it was far, far north, so I'm really happy.

Re: Crazy bird day

Bo... you didn't bring your camera?
    "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

Hi Stef,

Sadly no camera. We were a bunch of guys that went to Öland directly from work and there was no time to drive 30 km to my home and get my camera. I think me and my wife will go there again, this Saturday, with cameras, binoculars and spotting scopes. At the moment there are quite a few rare Siberian and other eastern birds on Öland. The reason is that we have had very strong winds from east and/or northeast for 3 weeks now.

Comment

Well, it was better to see them than not at all. Sometimes not fussing with a camera lets you explore in a more leisurely fashion and when you come back on Saturday you can be more specific having already scouted the area. Good luck, look forward to seeing some photos....
        "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

My wife went to Öland today and had her camera with her. Here are some pictures of the Azure Tit. She has an E-M5 and an40-150/f2,8 and the converter.

In my eyes a really beautiful bird.

Regards

Bo and Ingela

Comment

Hi Bo and Ingela -

The return journey was rewarded well.
            I like the rocks and texture which accompanies the Azure tit.
            The colours are beautiful.

Thanks so much to both of you.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Thank you very much Barr1e.

Comment

I'm glad that you got to see some new birds, and make a return trip with cameras. Thank you for sharing the photos. The Azure Tit is very pretty. It must be a challenge to get good pictures of such a small bird.

- Hal -
                A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
                Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Thanks Hal,
                  We went down there on Saturday to, and didn’t see any of these birds. But as we both had seen them on Wednesday, for me, and Friday for my wife it didn’t matter that much. We saw some other interesting birds, and a day out on Öland is never a bad thing, well almost never. A real Öland snowstorm you can live without.

There were still lots of people there, many of them from other countries. People had traveled from Finland, Poland, Denmark, Germany, and Norway and even from the UK to watch that little Azure tit. We talked to a few of them and they had been there a couple of hours earlier than we and had seen that little bird.

Regards

Bo

Comment

Working...
                  X