The huge fire in Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The huge fire in Canada

After reading about it, I'm a bit worried. I hope everything is well with our Canadian friends.

Re: The huge fire in Canada

Originally posted by Wilhelm View Post
    After reading about it, I'm a bit worried. I hope everything is well with our Canadian friends.
    Such nice thoughts - thanks for thinking of them.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

The fire is in western Canada at the oil sands, huge oil reserves and production there, and dense boreal forest which is very dry this year. High winds have fanned it into quite the inferno. Fort McMurray was built for oil sands workers and is now a city of over 80,000 but is essentially alone up there surrounded by forest. Most provinces have sent forestry fire crews and water bombers to assist Alberta in containing the fire but in reality it will be strong rain and only that which can put it out now. While it caused a good deal of damage to property it could have been very much worse...

Thanks for thinking of us!
      "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

While we have some frightening fires here that one is truly rather large. They are doing some more hazard reduction burning again this weekend & the smoke tends to spread all over the Sydney region as they do it, but that is much better than the real thing though. I hope you get the rain you need up there.
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
        X