No announcement yet.

Hello, new member needs advice please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new member needs advice please.

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am hoping that someone may be able to give some advice please.

Apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong area of the forums, but it is the only place I could find to submit a question.

I have a Panasonic Lumix G5 that overall I am very happy with.
    I would like to be able to wirelessly fire the shutter remotely. If possible I would like to be able to use the same devices to remotely fire a flash, though not necessarily at the same time.

I have found the Yongnuo RF603II, but they only appear to be for either Canon or Nikon cameras.

Has anyone found something that will work with the G5?

Thanks,
    Webby

Re: Hello, new member needs advice please.

I don't think this camera has built in wifi, so a wired remote is probably the only option.
    Rob

Comment

Thank you for your reply Rob.

You are correct, the G5 doesn't have built in wifi, but there are devices that can clip into the camera hotshoe and a lead connects to the remote socket on the camera. You can then fire the shutter using the other half of the device which is a bit like a car remote keyfob. The snag is, whilst they are readily available for Canons and Nikons I can't find one for my Panasonic.

Comment

Hi Webby, OK, I found this - PIXEL Oppilas/RW-221/L1 Wireless Shutter Remote Control.
        Is it any help.
        https://www.amazon.com/Oppilas-RW-22.../dp/B004DOUOI2
        Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,
          Sorry for the delay in replying, just been very busy.

Thanks for the information and link.
          Yes it looks like it should be just right for what I am wanting to do.

I will investigate further and probably order one.

Regards, Webby

Comment

Working...
          X