• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need your input, people.

Originally posted by Jackbryant View Post
    OK, all of you PP experts. Go to:

http://gallery.me.com/brianjackson3#100223

You will be able to download the image there as an approx. 10 meg file. Remember, you can add to, subtract from, paint to a new canvas, saturate, desaturate, yada, yada,...
    This was never a RAW image, so I apologize for that. It's just the one that I came across that I could see me doing all sorts of things with. We're having fun after all. I personally can't wait to see these.
    I only seem to get a 964kb 2260x1980 (?) file in the zip file - what am I doing wrong?
    E-P1, OMD E-M1, E400
    7-14/12-50/12-60/14-42/17/30(1.4)/35-100/40-150/45/50/50-200
    ec14/ec20/ex25/MMF-1, MMF-3/ RF11/FL50Rs/FL36R/SHV-1/AC-1/AC-2

Comment

I found that strange, until I visited my own site. Rather than click the download tab directly, choose the image by clicking on it. It will expand, THEN hit download. I get a 10.8 mb file that downloads directly into my computer.

Comment

Oh, Steve, Steve, Steve. Ye of little faith. For you, my Florida friend, I have two words.

Nik Software.

Comment

Perhaps some of you have (or will soon) scratch your head at my choice of image. I did want to pick something with potential, and also something that you didn't need expert status in CS5 to play with. So I did my own version this morning (which I will reveal at the end) using Aperture and third party plug ins only...no Photoshop. I am confident that anyone using the same techniques with these very intuitive tools can have as much fun as I did, and be equally amazed that all of THAT was in that image. Have at it.

Comment

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, we do something on DPNow.com called the Photo Fix Challenge. It's been a while since we ran the last one, so I have started a new one here:

http://dpnow.com/7635.html

The challenge is to take the unprocessed camera image file and improve the picture to the best of your ability, either from a simple image quality and compositional viewpoint (sharpness, noise management, colour, tone, cropping, etc.) or by using your prowess with special effects to create an artistic interpretation of the image

Ian
            Founder/editor
            Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
            Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
            Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
            Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

I found that strange, until I visited my own site. Rather than click the download tab directly, choose the image by clicking on it. It will expand, THEN hit download. I get a 10.8 mb file that downloads directly into my computer.
              Maybe I am doing something wrong, but no matter how I try, I am still getting a 964kB file. Am I really THAT dumb?
              (if you say YES, I'm gonna shoot myself .... with E-1 of course, so everyone can see "Idiot of the year" )
              Any chance of uploading that file somewhere else (RapidShare or another file sharing service) ?
              Regards, Pavel.

E-1(x2) | ZD 14-45 | ZD 14-54 | ZD 40-150 Mk.1 | ZD 70-300 | FL-50 | Velbon Sherpa 750R
              M42(Pancolar 50/1.8, Pentacon 200/4)+ M42->4/3 reduction

Comment

no you are not (or we both are!) - it's an E10 file and go from there

it's got huge 'depth' - totally amazed me - don't be put off by the size
                E-P1, OMD E-M1, E400

Comment

I re-downloaded this file and opened it in PS. It's showing it's size as 10.8 mp./2240 X 1680 @ 144ppi. Maybe I'VE missed something. I'm allowing my site to allow downloading of actual size images, so that should be right.

Comment

I re-downloaded this file and opened it in PS. It's showing it's size as 10.8 mp./2240 X 1680 @ 144ppi. Maybe I'VE missed something. I'm allowing my site to allow downloading of actual size images, so that should be right.
                    Oh, so the size is after opening in PS .. that is the thing I may have missed .. now it's OK, I guess the PS is transforming it into bitmap or something to work with.
                    Regards, Pavel.

E-1(x2) | ZD 14-45 | ZD 14-54 | ZD 40-150 Mk.1 | ZD 70-300 | FL-50 | Velbon Sherpa 750R
                    M42(Pancolar 50/1.8, Pentacon 200/4)+ M42->4/3 reduction

Comment

Originally posted by T-Lama View Post
                      Oh, so the size is after opening in PS .. that is the thing I may have missed .. now it's OK, I guess the PS is transforming it into bitmap or something to work with.
                      yep - PS's indicated working file size is about 10x the actual JPEG file size, that's all.
                      E-P1, OMD E-M1, E400

Comment

so you have to test it for yourself...

Comment

Working...
                        X