Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take photo in movie mode

Hi,

I am hoping my camera has the ability to snap a photo while in movie mode. Wondering if this is something I need to activate within the menu or if there is a sequence of steps I am unaware of. I want to avoid dialing out of Movie Mode, take a still, then switching back to record video again. The still could be captured while recording (preferable) or between video clips. I am using the Panasonic G7. Thank you in advance for your good input!

Re: take photo in movie mode

Have you tried it? Shoot some video (in movie mode), and press the shutter button. Then check the SD card for both movie and still photo.

Comment

Thanks RobertD. Yes, I've tried...the shutter button functions as a start/stop record button while shooting video. It does not snap a still unless I switch out of movie mode. Hoping to find a way to do this as a quick icon to show me which video clips contain the shot I need.

Comment

OK, maybe you can only extract photos when shooting 4K photo mode or 4k video,

Comment

Hi you can do it in all modes except Movie mode. Check the manual.
          Cheers, Rob

Comment

Does anyone else have insight? If I record 100 clips during a live event, for example, and I know there are 8 of those clips that contain the shot I need, is there a method for tagging or marking those clips somehow so that I can find them more readily when reviewing the footage? This would be a major time saver in my workflow.

Comment

Working...
            X