Questions for Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds camera industry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Questions for Four Thirds and Micro Four Thirds camera industry

I remember seeing somewhere a little GPS accessory that records where you've been and when, then together with some software that looks at the date and time your photos were taken, works out the location of each shot, and adds it to the EXIF data. Having it built into the camera would be nicer though.
    Regards
    Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
      Indeed - that's a question I have already asked several times. Olympus stock response is that they are still learning about video, but they will surely have to expand the range of video mode options sooner or later.

Ian
      Well now that panasonic have (it looks like it), moved to in-body stabilization in the new GX7, then Olympus will have lost that big advantage!
      Cheers, Rob

Comment

When you talk of lenses, Olympus is really a force to reckon with. Maybe they should look at this strength and see how they can capitalize on it to come up with salable DSLR bodies that can maximize the potential of the Zuiko glass.

I will believe that 4/3 is alive if I see another DSLR model besides the upgrade of the E-5 along with new 4/3 lens models in the product line. As of now, there are only a few lens choices from the present product line that are available in my part of the woods.

If what I have stated will materialize, new DSLR bodies and lenses, then I will be expanding my gears in the future.

Comment

jp, i'm with you on this one, it would be good to have an affordable 4/3 body for every one rather than just a high end body for a smaller market.

Agreed about the lenses, and you may be aware that it was reported that Sony are working with Olympus on some new technologies and new lenses, quite what format they will be for I have no idea.
          We have yet to see a budget version of the OM-D E-M5 and I doubt we will. I certainly would not like to fit a big Zuiko tele on a tiny M/4/3 body, it would be totally out of balance and look a bit silly in my book.

Comment

That's why I want Olympus to resurrect their OM primes with a Nikon mount. I know I can adapt mine to a Canon body but a Nikon body with OM primes would be sweet.
            It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Comment

Working...
            X