Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a bargain.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just bought a bargain.

    Good heavens its a long time since this forum was last used.

    Anyhow, i saw a L10 and 14-50 kit lens on sale in my town for 399, so i had a feel of the camera and liked it, went home, had a look on the net and found it on sale at three vendors for 780, did a bit more digging and found the lens on sale from 500/600 on its own, so you know whats coming next, i went back and bought it.

    Did some testing at a local seaside park and just fell in love with this camera.

    Couple of snaps from that outing.

    Exif in the images.

    L10 and P/L 14-50 kit lens






    After that outing i started to look for a longer lens for birding and found the Oly 70-300, so went to my local dealer to test it out, best i could do was to stand in the shop doorway.

    Please remember there is no OIS/IBS with this combo.

    L10 and Oly 70-300






    This one is @ 600mm




    So, what do you think.

    Mark.

  • #2
    Re: Just bought a bargain.

    Worth paying that just for the lens! And the 70-300 is showing good results.
    Stephen - www.flickr.com/photos/argyllphotos
    Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M5, Zenza Bronica, and an ever-changing nest of lenses

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Just bought a bargain.

      You took pictures of people and didn't get arrested

      Seriously it's wonderful camera, and your results are superb even with the 70-300. And that sure is a wow price. The lens alone is far more expensive here.

      There are 2 P/L 14-450 lenses. The original which is 2.8 tops as I recall, and the newer which is 3.5. The 2.8 is considered a bit more solid and of course larger, but both are excellent. And if you think your ability to find a price is still good, try to find a 14-150 for a look. Now if there was ever a lens made for the that body, that's it. Might be pricy though.

      Enjoy.

      Steve
      Steve
      __________________________________
      Please visit my lonely photos at http://sbob.zenfolio.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Just bought a bargain.

        Simply Electronics have it on sale at 419.99, I've just found!
        http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mai...id=711&sd=cont
        Stephen - www.flickr.com/photos/argyllphotos
        Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M5, Zenza Bronica, and an ever-changing nest of lenses

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Just bought a bargain.

          Originally posted by StephenL View Post
          Worth paying that just for the lens! And the 70-300 is showing good results.
          That was my thoughts, if i didn't like the body i was planning to use the lens on my G1, but i love the body and its not going anywhere.

          Mark.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Just bought a bargain.

            Originally posted by fluffy View Post
            You took pictures of people and didn't get arrested

            Seriously it's wonderful camera, and your results are superb even with the 70-300. And that sure is a wow price. The lens alone is far more expensive here.

            There are 2 P/L 14-450 lenses. The original which is 2.8 tops as I recall, and the newer which is 3.5. The 2.8 is considered a bit more solid and of course larger, but both are excellent. And if you think your ability to find a price is still good, try to find a 14-150 for a look. Now if there was ever a lens made for the that body, that's it. Might be pricy though.

            Enjoy.

            Steve
            Cheapest i can find in the UK is 860, i paid 575 for the m4/3 14-140 with some discounts, i may well sell the 14-140 to fund the P/L 14-150, do you have the lens already, if so, do you have any images to share to try and convince me its worth all that money.

            Mark.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Just bought a bargain.

              Originally posted by StephenL View Post
              Simply Electronics have it on sale at 419.99, I've just found!
              http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mai...id=711&sd=cont
              Bargain, buy one.

              Mark.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Just bought a bargain.

                A number of retailers were selling the L10 for <300 just after Christmas, Jessops, Jacobs etc. I got one and was very impressed with it, sold the body when I got a 'Cheap' E-3 body.
                I kept the lens for my L1 body. I think it was somewhat overpriced when it first came out, but <400 I think it is a bargain.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Just bought a bargain.

                  Originally posted by Howi View Post
                  A number of retailers were selling the L10 for <300 just after Christmas, Jessops, Jacobs etc. I got one and was very impressed with it, sold the body when I got a 'Cheap' E-3 body.
                  I kept the lens for my L1 body. I think it was somewhat overpriced when it first came out, but <400 I think it is a bargain.
                  Man, i must have been looking the other way back then, i think i only had eyes for the G1 at the time, what a nut.

                  Mark.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Just bought a bargain.

                    It happens to the best of us....
                    From all the reviews I have read, the only real negative was price and the fact it is 4/3.
                    It is well put together, has good live view, super lens (not as good as the PL f2.8 but better than any kit lens I know of.
                    Just to put things in perspective for you, the L10 originally sold for 899.99 (that was marked on the side of the box on mine.)
                    John Lewis (in Sheffield) have had one on sale @649.99 for the last 9 months and haved only just reduced it to 489.99, so like I said, you have got yourself a very fine camera for not much money.
                    The only problem I had was obtaining a cheap spare battery, managed to get one for a lot less than Pana were asking, but still payed more than I would have liked (about 3 times price of a normal cheap clone)
                    I hoped we are going to see some pics soon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Just bought a bargain.

                      Originally posted by Howi View Post
                      It happens to the best of us....
                      From all the reviews I have read, the only real negative was price and the fact it is 4/3.
                      It is well put together, has good live view, super lens (not as good as the PL f2.8 but better than any kit lens I know of.
                      Just to put things in perspective for you, the L10 originally sold for 899.99 (that was marked on the side of the box on mine.)
                      John Lewis (in Sheffield) have had one on sale @649.99 for the last 9 months and haved only just reduced it to 489.99, so like I said, you have got yourself a very fine camera for not much money.
                      The only problem I had was obtaining a cheap spare battery, managed to get one for a lot less than Pana were asking, but still payed more than I would have liked (about 3 times price of a normal cheap clone)
                      I hoped we are going to see some pics soon
                      Here you go then, a mix from yesterday.











                      Mark.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Just bought a bargain.

                        I just bought an L10 at a super cheap bargain price

                        And i super enjoy the camera.
                        Last time i held one was when i met Ian a few years back...

                        I hope to share some pictures soon in this section.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Just bought a bargain.

                          It's a camera that never really took off but still a very, very good one. I look forward to seeing some of your shots with it.
                          View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

                          John

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X