Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L10 Firmware advice

Hi

Just updated my new L10 body firmware to version 2.1 but Leica 14-50 lens remains at version 1.1. Is this okay? Should they both be 2.1?

Picked up brand new Lumix L10 + Leica 14-50 for 299!! Can't help but be impressed with solid feel and image quality. Absolute bargain!

Thanks

Re: L10 Firmware advice

I did the same - What a bargain!
    I upgraded the firmware also and got the same results as you. I don't think there has been an update for the lens, I can't see why there should be one so relax and enjoy.

Comment

You might also try the update again. You might get a lens update screen rather than a body update screen. It won't do both at once.

BTW, where'd you find these bargains? The lens is worth more than the package price.

Steve
      Steve

Comment

For US shoppers, this seems like quite the deal:
        Broadway Photo

$512 with free shipping.
        ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

That is a good price, but without commenting on the seller's overall reputation and record, I've ha some experiences with them that would refrain me from dealing with them at this time. OTOH in my film days they were one of my favorite stores and the Canon VT deluxe with the beautiful 85/1.5 came from there.

Steve
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
            That is a good price, but without commenting on the seller's overall reputation and record, I've ha some experiences with them that would refrain me from dealing with them at this time. OTOH in my film days they were one of my favorite stores and the Canon VT deluxe with the beautiful 85/1.5 came from there.

Steve
            I have bought a compact from them, although it was a few years ago. I had no problems.
            ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Comment

My problem was probably a one off, but my consumer world, it's one strike and you're out. Too many other sources.

Steve
              Steve

Comment

My problem was probably a one off, but my consumer world, it's one strike and you're out. Too many other sources.

Steve
                Trust me, I know exactly what you mean, and today I rarely venture away from B&H, but it seemed like a great deal.
                ~Reggie

Comment

available in UK from Jessops and Jacobs @299.99 or Panasonic shop @ 349.99.

Comment

if only it came with the faster 14-50, I would snatch it up
                    ~Reggie

Comment

Hi Howi

Thanks for the response..... I picked up mine from the Jacobs Digital website..... I honestly thought it was a mistake so surprised when the courier turned up at the door.

I'll keep an eye on the lens firmware ..... the 2.1 ver seems to relate to other 4/3 compatible lenses rather than an upgrade to the Panna/Leica

Thanks

Comment

You might also try the update again. You might get a lens update screen rather than a body update screen. It won't do both at once.

BTW, where'd you find these bargains? The lens is worth more than the package price.

Steve
                        Hi Steve, could you please confirm that there is firmware upgrades for the L10 Kit lens. What rev should this read?
                        Also are there updates for the 14-150 mm and the f 2.8 L1 kit lens.
                        I am using all these 3 lens with the the L10 body which I have upgraded.

Thank you.

ric

Comment

I think there are upgrades for some of the lenses to make them compatible with the G-1's AF system.

But for a total overview go to

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/c...fts/index.html
                          Steve

Comment

Thank you Fluffy and I will go read the link.

ric

Comment

Guys, i have updated the 2.1 firmware for thew body, but is there a firmware for the PL 14-50 f3.8 5.6 lens, i'm on ver 1.0

Mark.

Comment

Working...
                              X