Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally! Panasonic DMC-L1 Service Menu (including actuation count :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLVED Finally! Panasonic DMC-L1 Service Menu (including actuation count :)

So after much research on the web, I came across some interesting info concerning the service menu on the Leica Digilux 4... after applying the methods used to my Lumix DMC-L1, I've made my way into the service menu... if this has been covered already, I apologize as I couldn't find it.

Use at your own risk, as you could turn your camera into an expensive brick... let me know if it works for everyone!

Service Mode may allow you to do some kinds of operations which are normally not available in the camera's menu:

(1) Reset the camera to unboxing settings. (Not only to the factory default settings)
    (2) Reset the firmware region for supporting more languages, if applicable.
    (3) Check camera usage information.

YOU MAY WANT TO CONNECT TO AC POWER BEFOREHAND, I HAVEN'T HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF MY BATTERY DYING DURING THE PROCESS!

1. Turn off the camera.
    2. Set the shutter speed dial to the 8 position.
    4. Press and hold the AFL/AEL button.
    5. While holding the AFL/AEL button turn on the camera.

You are now temporarily in the Service Mode. You can confirm your status by checking the CUSTOM menu. There is one more option named "SENSOR CLEAN" there, under the "NO RELEASE WITHOUT LENS" option.

The camera may return from this mode to the normal mode by turning the power off and on again. After the power cycling operation, the extra "SENSOR CLEAN" option will no longer be available in the CUSTOM menu.

So what can you do once you are in this temporary Service Mode?

You can check your firmware by pressing [Play], then pressing the [FUNC.2] and [DOWN ARROW] simultaneously .

Anything else interesting under the Service Mode?

Yes, you may check the usage information of your camera. At first, make sure you are in the Service Mode, then follow the steps below to see the secret of your camera.

1. Press and hold the [FUNC.2] button, then MENU/SET and ◀ (Left arrow) buttons together. The camera now shows a screen of zeros on a white background. If you press the DISPLAY button, the camera will cycle through three different content showing some kind of parameter codes in decimal or hexadecimal form. The arrow buttons can be used here to scroll through the code arrays.

(Guy Parsons, a Sydney based LX3 owner, considered the first "Zero" screen as an Error Code Log used for Panasonic service persons, and the explanation should be in their Service Manual. He also revealed some of the counters below.)

2. Again, press and hold the [FUNC.2] button, then MENU/SET and ◀ (Left arrow) buttons together. The camera will show its usage information in two pages. Press the DISPLAY button to switch between the pages.

The camera information is interpreted below:

VER 2.10:0210 -> Firmware version is 2.20.
    NO.: F35XXXXXXXXXX -> A 12-digit number with a "F" prefix. (Motherboard serial number?)
    PWRCNT: 834 -> Power On Count, the number of times camera turned on.
    SHTCNT: 5873 -> Shutter Count, the number of times shutter fired.
    STBCNT: 80 -> Strobe Count, the number of times flash fired.

1ST.: 2010.4.17 2:34 -> Date and time of first clock set.
    A: 2010.4.18 8:47 -> Date and time of last two clock sets.
    B: 2010.4.18 8:39 -> (See above)
    ClockSet Cnt: 3 -> Clock Set Count, the number of times camera clock changed.
    UnderCut Cnt: 0 -> Under-Cut Count.
    RTC Read Err: 0 -> Real-time clock read error count, the number of read errors of RTC.

3. Press the same button combination again, the camera will return to the normal display.

Also noted is the process to be rid of the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside that appears when you turn off the camera. According to Wiórek, the yellow triangle appears when the firmware is not set to any of specific regional models. Some of us have gotten this after upgrading to particular firmware, and of course they don't have any answers at panasonic support. Contact me for details!
    E-30 w/HLD-4 I DMC-L1 I 25 f2.8 I 30 f1.4 I 14-50 f2.8-3.5 I 35-100 f2 I 50-200 f2.8-3.5 SWD
    Rokkor 45 f2 I Rokkor 50 f1.7 I Vivitar 55 f2.8 Macro
    http://allurexpressions.com

Re: Finally! Panasonic DMC-L1 Service Menu (including actuation count

This is pretty cool!! I will try it out

Comment

I've been after that info for ages - well done in finding and sharing.
      Works great, have taken a lot more shots than I thought.....

Comment

Great info! Thank you very much.

Btw: Does anybody knows a way to enter the service menu of a LC1/Digilux2?

Regards Peter

Comment

Originally posted by s4ean View Post
          So after much research on the web, I came across some interesting info concerning the service menu on the Leica Digilux 4... after applying the methods used to my Lumix DMC-L1, I've made my way into the service menu... if this has been covered already, I apologize as I couldn't find it.
          Definitely a great find for me. Thanks a ton!

Comment

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to let us know how to do this, its very useful information.

Comment

I have an L1 and L10. Wow this is a very valuable information. Would you know if it will work for am L10 also?

Comment

Originally posted by francis79 View Post
                I have an L1 and L10. Wow this is a very valuable information. Would you know if it will work for am L10 also?
                It may, there could slight differences in the process (considering different controls and dials). Access to the service menu is similar on a number of Lumix cameras, non dslr as well, so it may just required some figuring out, that or finding the service manual.
                E-30 w/HLD-4 I DMC-L1 I 25 f2.8 I 30 f1.4 I 14-50 f2.8-3.5 I 35-100 f2 I 50-200 f2.8-3.5 SWD
                Rokkor 45 f2 I Rokkor 50 f1.7 I Vivitar 55 f2.8 Macro
                http://allurexpressions.com

Comment

Nice one. my camera is up to 7000 shots

Comment

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum.

I just bought a DMC-L1 witch has this issue of the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside that appears when you turn off the camera.

Do you or anyone have any idea how to resolve this problem. Although the camera works fine, it makes you feel like it could just die on you the next time you turn it on again.

Thanks.

Originally posted by s4ean View Post

Use at your own risk, as you could turn your camera into an expensive brick... let me know if it works for everyone!

Service Mode may allow you to do some kinds of operations which are normally not available in the camera's menu:

(1) Reset the camera to unboxing settings. (Not only to the factory default settings)
                    (2) Reset the firmware region for supporting more languages, if applicable.
                    (3) Check camera usage information.

YOU MAY WANT TO CONNECT TO AC POWER BEFOREHAND, I HAVEN'T HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF MY BATTERY DYING DURING THE PROCESS!

1. Turn off the camera.
                    2. Set the shutter speed dial to the 8 position.
                    4. Press and hold the AFL/AEL button.
                    5. While holding the AFL/AEL button turn on the camera.

You are now temporarily in the Service Mode. You can confirm your status by checking the CUSTOM menu. There is one more option named "SENSOR CLEAN" there, under the "NO RELEASE WITHOUT LENS" option.

The camera may return from this mode to the normal mode by turning the power off and on again. After the power cycling operation, the extra "SENSOR CLEAN" option will no longer be available in the CUSTOM menu.

So what can you do once you are in this temporary Service Mode?

You can check your firmware by pressing [Play], then pressing the [FUNC.2] and [DOWN ARROW] simultaneously .

Anything else interesting under the Service Mode?

Yes, you may check the usage information of your camera. At first, make sure you are in the Service Mode, then follow the steps below to see the secret of your camera.

1. Press and hold the [FUNC.2] button, then MENU/SET and ◀ (Left arrow) buttons together. The camera now shows a screen of zeros on a white background. If you press the DISPLAY button, the camera will cycle through three different content showing some kind of parameter codes in decimal or hexadecimal form. The arrow buttons can be used here to scroll through the code arrays.

(Guy Parsons, a Sydney based LX3 owner, considered the first "Zero" screen as an Error Code Log used for Panasonic service persons, and the explanation should be in their Service Manual. He also revealed some of the counters below.)

2. Again, press and hold the [FUNC.2] button, then MENU/SET and ◀ (Left arrow) buttons together. The camera will show its usage information in two pages. Press the DISPLAY button to switch between the pages.

The camera information is interpreted below:

VER 2.10:0210 -> Firmware version is 2.20.
                    NO.: F35XXXXXXXXXX -> A 12-digit number with a "F" prefix. (Motherboard serial number?)
                    PWRCNT: 834 -> Power On Count, the number of times camera turned on.
                    SHTCNT: 5873 -> Shutter Count, the number of times shutter fired.
                    STBCNT: 80 -> Strobe Count, the number of times flash fired.

1ST.: 2010.4.17 2:34 -> Date and time of first clock set.
                    A: 2010.4.18 8:47 -> Date and time of last two clock sets.
                    B: 2010.4.18 8:39 -> (See above)
                    ClockSet Cnt: 3 -> Clock Set Count, the number of times camera clock changed.
                    UnderCut Cnt: 0 -> Under-Cut Count.
                    RTC Read Err: 0 -> Real-time clock read error count, the number of read errors of RTC.

3. Press the same button combination again, the camera will return to the normal display.

Also noted is the process to be rid of the yellow triangle with an exclamation mark inside that appears when you turn off the camera. According to Wiórek, the yellow triangle appears when the firmware is not set to any of specific regional models. Some of us have gotten this after upgrading to particular firmware, and of course they don't have any answers at panasonic support. Contact me for details!

Comment

Originally posted by Pitti View Post
                      Great info! Thank you very much.

Btw: Does anybody knows a way to enter the service menu of a LC1/Digilux2?

Regards Peter
                      Peter
                      Did you ever figured out how to enter the service menu of a LC1 ?

Comment

Working...
                      X