Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 cup

anyone knows where i can get one?
    i (or a friend) lost mine and i need to get another.

is it worth it to get a magnifier one?

Re: L1 cup

I use the magnifier one on my E510 and find it of great benefit.

Comment

Olá.

Só descobri esta lista de acessorios para as Lumix:
      http://www.panasonic.com.au/products...4&contextID=80

onde não consta o eye-cup para a L1.

Se o encaixe do visor for igual aos das olympus e-330 (e todas as outras), o modelo que mais se aproxima (e mais fácil de encontrar) é o DK-10 da Nikon,
      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...er_Eyecup.html

Quanto às lupas para o visor, seja Panasonic, Nikon, Olympus ou Pentax, todas são semelhantes e têm encaixe semelhante e funcionam todas em qualquer camera, com as normais incongruencias, tipo E-3 ou D-300, que não aceitam bem as lupas.
      Eu tinha uma (ME-1) com a E-330, mas vendi-a porque , com óculos, tornava-se muito complicado de ver todo o campo de visão, mas, em termos de definição e luminosidade, não havia razões de queixa.

Um abraço

Comment

Desculpe, falla Ingles par favor........

Comment

Ok, my fault...

About the pana eye cup, I only found this lumix list:
          http://www.panasonic.com.au/products...4&contextID=80

but, no word about eye cups.

In the leica version, one can see the same eye cup that is used in the oly E-330:
          http://us.leica-camera.com/photograp...tem/digilux_3/

If you whant something similar to the original panasonic eye cup, the nikon DK-10 wil do, but I prefer the olympus EP-5 or EP-6.

About magnifiers...
          I used an ME-1 with the e-330, and I found it dificult to see all the finder with my glasses on.
          MF was improved with the ME-1, but not as god (or reliable) as with the E-1 or E-3

Comment

Here is the Panny version of the magnifying cup (cheaper than oly's, but pretty sure it is the same part)

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Matsus...C0973/New.aspx
            ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

thanks guys.

i saw in the panasonic japanese site that the me-1 is compatible and therefore all the others must be also (except the ones for e-3)

that panasonic version looks good and now i just need to decide if it's worthy to get it and pay the extra $15 for it or just the regular one (olympus ep-5).

Comment

Originally posted by dalexa View Post
                thanks guys.

i saw in the panasonic japanese site that the me-1 is compatible and therefore all the others must be also (except the ones for e-3)

that panasonic version looks good and now i just need to decide if it's worthy to get it and pay the extra $15 for it or just the regular one (olympus ep-5).
                The E-3 ones are also interchangeable, I have pulled them off both my E-500 and L-1 when the E-3 one has fallen off. Now I am totally out and waiting for more to come in. I don't understand how the E-3 eye cup falls off as often as it does, but I saw a trick for keeping them on in this forum, which I will try. But I digress, the E-3 eyecups will also work.
                ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

You can replace the L1 eyecup with a standard Evolt Olympus one. I lost mine too, and replaced it with an Oly EP-5 cup from Amazon ($6.99). But it looks like Amazon is out, so just purchase it directly from the Olympus Emporium (also $6.99).

Here is the link: https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=260228-410

Comment

Originally posted by ReggieB View Post
                    Here is the Panny version of the magnifying cup (cheaper than oly's, but pretty sure it is the same part)

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Matsus...C0973/New.aspx
                    About the magnifier eyecups:

The Oly part has a round rubber surround, the Panasonic part has a square rubber surround. I use the Panasonic part on one of my L1s and like it alot. Helps with manual focus through the viewfinder, but don't expect miracles.

I got it directly from Panasonic (needed other parts), but it was a hassle! The Panasonic parts people kept saying this was a "restricted part", and I had to wait for them to figure it out and get it authorized! It doesn't matter if you tell them you have an L1 or an L10, some red flashing lights and siren go off at Panasonic if you try to order this thing. Go with partstore.com.

(Mr. President, there's someone trying to order... "THE EYECUP MAGNIFIER"... 2 days later...Thank you sir, we will inform the customer of your gracious decision.)

It does make the viewfinder stick out even more on the L1. Make sure your camera bag isn't too tight.
                    Olympus EM-5 & Voigtlander Bessa R
                    Zuiko 14-42R f3.5-5.6 • 15mm f8 • 17 f1.8 • 45 f1.8 • 40-150 f4-5.6
                    Leica 25 f1.4
                    Rokinon 7.5 f3.5
                    Other Stuff: Industar 28 f2.8 • Voigtlander 35 f2.5 • Industar 50 f3.5 • Jupiter 50 f2
                    Hexanon 50 f1.7 • Hexanon 55 f3.5 • Hexanon 135 f3.2 • Hexanon 200 f4 • FL-36R

Comment

Did you ever find one? I am also looking for the VYC0973.

Comment

I ordered it for my E-400, through Panasonic Estonia. they ordered it from somewhere outside of Europe, deciding by the arrival time of 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Rainer

Comment

OK, thanks. I'll keep looking.

Comment

This is a bit of an old thread but just for the record in case someone needs it in future, I lost my eye cup and found through a bit of trial and error that the standard Olympus DSLR eyecups designated EP5 and EP7 work just fine and are readily and quite cheaply available on eBay. These models fit most Olympus DSLRs as well (there may be some minor exceptions).

EP5 is identical to the one which came with the L1 and EP7 is a slightly larger and more robust version.

Which is good as these suckers do tend to break and or fall off. At least my original one did even though I take excessive care of my cameras. I found my replacement eye cup after laboriously repairing the broken one from my camera and reinforcing it with some extra plastic epoxied on. It worked but did not look quite right hence my desire to find a new replacement.

Comment

Something else just for the record: the Panny magnifying eyecup is part number VYC0973, was included in the box with the L10, and fits the L1 and Oly DSLRs. It does help with any 4/3 camera that has a small OVF such as the L1 and E500 (I use it on both). It is NOT optically the same as the Oly ME magnifying eyecup - it has more eye relief (important if you wear eyeglasses) and folks who have used both state that it is noticeably better optically. On the L1, it does mean you need to move your eye to the left to see the exposure info on the right in the viewfinder. You get used to that pretty quickly as you appreciate the "larger" viewfinder.

Ted

Comment

Working...
                              X