Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very new to SLR & L1

First of all a big hello.

I have a very kind uncle who has given me the use of a DMC-L1. I have managed to fix the broken Leica lens and have now started really enjoying taking photos.

Now the manual is rather long at 167 A4 pages. (Used up loads of ink printing the .pdf).

How would I go about setting the shutter to say 25 seconds?. the longest I seem to be able to do is like 1 or 2 seconds. The idea to get moving objects/cars etc to be come a nice blur.

many many thanks in advanced.

Re: Very new to SLR & L1

Originally posted by Be79n View Post
    First of all a big hello.

I have a very kind uncle who has given me the use of a DMC-L1. I have managed to fix the broken Leica lens and have now started really enjoying taking photos.

Now the manual is rather long at 167 A4 pages. (Used up loads of ink printing the .pdf).

How would I go about setting the shutter to say 25 seconds?. the longest I seem to be able to do is like 1 or 2 seconds. The idea to get moving objects/cars etc to be come a nice blur.

many many thanks in advanced.
    The L1 will go up to 60 seconds, or up to 8 minutes in B (Bulb) mode
    you need to refer to page 37 - set shutter dial to 2-60/B and use command dial (or arrow keys) to set long shutter speed.

have fun, watch the highlights though (I set exposure comp to -2/3 normally)

Comment

I can only seem to bring it down to 1 is I put it on 60/B. I must be doing somthing wrong. I think I just need to keep reading.

Comment

I just set the shutter speed dial to 2-60s, and use the up and down arrow keys... works on mine.
        E-30 w/HLD-4 I DMC-L1 I 25 f2.8 I 30 f1.4 I 14-50 f2.8-3.5 I 35-100 f2 I 50-200 f2.8-3.5 SWD
        Rokkor 45 f2 I Rokkor 50 f1.7 I Vivitar 55 f2.8 Macro
        http://allurexpressions.com

Comment

Many thanks it worked perfect, had my tripod delivered so will have a play.

Many many thanks

Comment

Still loving the camera and learning new bits almost every day.
            Just to add does anyone know if there is a firmware update for the Leica kit lens that comes with it?

Comment

Go to the main Panasonic website and search DMC-L1K Firmware updates. I upgraded my L1 and my 25mm lens. They both work flawlessly to this day. enjoy your new camera !

Comment

Originally posted by Howi View Post
                have fun, watch the highlights though (I set exposure comp to -2/3 normally)
                +1 - good advice.

Comment

Working...
                X