Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto focus point keeps moving

Hi there,

I've been using my new GX7 for some weeks now and it works great, except for one thing. The focus point keeps moving, whenever I touch the screen. Is there a setting that allows me to fix the AF point to the middle of the screen, and keep it there, even when I accidentely touch the screen?

I sure hope someone has the answer
    Thanks in advance!

Re: Auto focus point keeps moving

I hope the GX7 menu is similar to that of my GF6. On the GF6 I have to select 'Custom settings', scroll to the last page, select 'touch settings' and switch off 'touch AF'.
    The AF area will be fixed where is was before switching off. Make sure it is where you want it to before changing the settings.

Or you could USE the touch AF function, I really like it. No more recomposing after AF lock, just touch the subject with your thumb (on the screen....) and press the shutter.

Regards,
    Jan

Comment

Thank you very much, Jan!

Also on the GX7 is a custom menu and in the "Touch settings" the touch AF can be turned off. Now it works so much better, thanks again

Comment

Yep turned it off on all my cameras as well. I just couldn't get on with it.

Paul

Comment

I have it on still but it's annoying. So far I still couldn't train my nose to accurately select the AF area...

Sent from my thl 4000

Comment

Working...
          X