GH4 Repair, LCD issue help needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GH4 Repair, LCD issue help needed.

Hey all. I bought 3 GH4's at a bargain price recently with the intention of repair - to either sell on and or keep. Camera 1 was a fully working unit apart from a black LCD (attempted setting reset to no avail), Camera 2 was water damaged in unknown condition (dropped on sand, with no power up), Camera 3 seemed to be fully working apart from a slightly bizarre LCD issue. The viewfinder is fine, but when viewing on LCD there is some posterisation and jagged pixels. This applies to both the image and menu-Ill upload pics so you can see what I mean.

I cleaned up the back section of camera 2, and transferred it to camera 1, and now camera 1 is fully working.
    My question now is what to try with camera 3. All seems fine aside from the LCD issue. Purchase new screen? Purchase new LCD cable? Would be nice to get it repaired fully to either sell or give to my brother. Any help much appreciated. oh, and camera 2 presumably is fully deaded from a logic board point of view...
    s-l1600-2.jpgs-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600-4.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Re: GH4 Repair, LCD issue help needed.

Originally posted by titcharoony View Post
    Hey all. I bought 3 GH4's at a bargain price recently with the intention of repair - to either sell on and or keep. Camera 1 was a fully working unit apart from a black LCD (attempted setting reset to no avail), Camera 2 was water damaged in unknown condition (dropped on sand, with no power up), Camera 3 seemed to be fully working apart from a slightly bizarre LCD issue. The viewfinder is fine, but when viewing on LCD there is some posterisation and jagged pixels. This applies to both the image and menu-Ill upload pics so you can see what I mean.

I cleaned up the back section of camera 2, and transferred it to camera 1, and now camera 1 is fully working.
    My question now is what to try with camera 3. All seems fine aside from the LCD issue. Purchase new screen? Purchase new LCD cable? Would be nice to get it repaired fully to either sell or give to my brother. Any help much appreciated. oh, and camera 2 presumably is fully deaded from a logic board point of view...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]2767[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2768[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2769[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2770[/ATTACH]
    I had similar happen to me with a Nikon and its flip out LCD screen. I took the camera into a Nikon dealer in Nairobi and he sent it off to their workshop. The screen needed to be replaced. I was out on a lake in a boat and did some filming making a video. Water splashed onto the camera and the screen went black. Once the workshop had the camera, the screen was replaced within 24 hours at a cost of about 40 GBP (Kenya prices). It all worked after that, no more trouble. Not sure if my story helps or not. Good luck!
    Best wishes
    Phil

Comment

Re: GH4 Repair, LCD issue help needed.

Originally posted by Gate Keeper View Post
      I had similar happen to me with a Nikon and its flip out LCD screen. I took the camera into a Nikon dealer in Nairobi and he sent it off to their workshop. The screen needed to be replaced. I was out on a lake in a boat and did some filming making a video. Water splashed onto the camera and the screen went black. Once the workshop had the camera, the screen was replaced within 24 hours at a cost of about 40 GBP (Kenya prices). It all worked after that, no more trouble. Not sure if my story helps or not. Good luck!

well any advice helps! to be honest I think my story will be a little complicated for most on here - numerous cameras n all that lol. I could try replacing the screen alone on one camera and see if that helps...

Comment

Working...
      X