Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from Japan 3-31-11

With apologies to Henk:

"Panasonic Corp said continuing aftershocks were preventing it from inspecting two factories in northern Japan, one making electronic parts and another digital cameras and audio equipment. It said a lack of proper power and water supply was a potential bottleneck.

Securing a stable power supply relatively cheaply could prove to be a major hurdle for companies, analysts said." Reuters US online edition
    Steve

Re: News from Japan 3-31-11

Let's hope they get back on their feet ASAP, same goes for everyone affected. Seems like they've managed to get off relatively lightly considering the damage done elsewhere.
    Bodies:
    Panny GH1 + OM2-SP + Pentax ME & LX
    Lenses:
    Lumix G 14-45mm, OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8, OM Zuiko 24mm f2.8, OM Vivitar 135mm f2.8, SMC-M 40mm f2.8, SMC-M 50mm f1.7, PKA Vivitar 19mm F3.8, Konica AR 40mm f1.8, MD Rokkor 45mm F2, Teleplus 2x Macro converter OM+MD

My New Blog:
    Dark & Industrial Photography & my Flickr

Comment

Re: News from Japan 3-31-11

Getting factories like this back online is important for the whole community to be able to get back on their feet. They want and need some sort of start of a return to normality.
      Stephen - www.flickr.com/photos/argyllphotos
      Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M5, Zenza Bronica, and an ever-changing nest of lenses

Comment

Working...
      X