Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info for Buy & Sell Lumix M4/3 lenses new and used

Hello All,

As a novice M4/3 user for the last few months with my GF1, I am loving the camera although wish I had more time to take shots and learn more as part of the enjoyment.

Iíve got the GF1 Pancake lens, the 14-45mm lens and also recently purchased the 45-200mm lens.

Having done a few citybreaks with the camera now and starting to get a feel for what shots Iím taking usually when sightseeing - Iíd now like to sell one of my lenses.

What Iím thinking now is to sell the Lumix 45-200mm lens (having only used it 4 times since I bought it) and buy the Lumix 14-140mm lens. Then when the Lumix 140-300mm lens is available in stores, I would buy that so Iíve got my ranges covered.

Iím in Ireland and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where best for buying/selling new and used lenses (aside from the obvious eBay buy/sell). If not in Ireland any other suggestions for reliable European sites I could get an okay price on my Lumix 45-200mm lens or even a trade-in towards the Lumix 14-140mm lens purchase?

Also, if someone can suggest a cheaper/better plan (ie. non-Lumix M4/3 lenses) for my lenses kit then please do although Iím nervous about buying any non-Lumix lenses without AF built in as I need all the help I can get being a novice (and time-poor unable to spend lots of time on my hobby).

Appreciate any info here to help.

Cheers.

Re: Info for Buy & Sell Lumix M4/3 lenses new and used

You could try the buy and sell forum on this site!

I recently bought the 14-140mm lens, it came with a GH1, it's very nice. Think I paid £680 for camera and lens on ebay, brand new but open box.

Just mentioned it as it might be a cost effective option, the lens is almost that price anyway, so you could sell the body to offset the costs.

Comment

Re: Info for Buy & Sell Lumix M4/3 lenses new and used

Originally posted by MarcR View Post
      Hello All,

...........although Iím nervous about buying any non-Lumix lenses without AF built in as I need all the help I can get being a novice (and time-poor unable to spend lots of time on my hobby).
      Appreciate any info here to help.

Cheers.
      I think that's fair. However the Electronic View Finder of the G's series enables you for manual focusing, a dramatic and unprecendented 10 X size increase, like it was another tele, no matter which lens are you using.

Cheers,
      Ruben
      tv/telephone/old toaster. And a computer !

Comment

Working...
      X