• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RobertD
    replied
    Re: Pany frustration

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
    No it doesn't with AFL selected, on an Oly camera with AFL enabled when the shutter is half pressed the focus is locked but the exposure isn't set until you take the picture, on a Pany camera when the shutter is half pressed both focus and exposure are locked.

Paul
    Yes I understand what you mean now. You can set the the camera to focus lock with the half press (plus press the lock button), then pan and recompose and half press again to get exposure. Extra effort and not the same s Oly.
    Rob

Leave a comment:

• addieleman
    replied

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
    One thing I can't understand is why Pany don't adopt the AEL/AFL lock function Oly and other brands use where you 1/2 press the shutter to lock, recompose and the camera displays the settings then you click to shoot, with Pany you have to press a function button to AEL/AFL lock then half press the shutter to set exposure or focus then press to shoot, just seems an extra step for no reason or more awkward than it needs to be.
    Don't know if I understand you correctly, but on my GH2 I have programmed the lock button to hold exposure and focus and to hold even after exposure. That way I press the AEL/AFL button to fix exposure and focus and I can fire away with those settings as much as I want to. I find that quite convenient, as convenient IMHO as pressing the shutter half-way to lock exposure and focus.

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi Paul
    replied

Originally posted by RobertD View Post
    If you are in autofocus single mode (not continuous), doesn't it then behave like the Oly half press method?
    Cheers, Rob
    No it doesn't with AFL selected, on an Oly camera with AFL enabled when the shutter is half pressed the focus is locked but the exposure isn't set until you take the picture, on a Pany camera when the shutter is half pressed both focus and exposure are locked.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• RobertD
    replied

If you are in autofocus single mode (not continuous), doesn't it then behave like the Oly half press method?
    Cheers, Rob

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied

Stuff like this can really irritate the c@*p out of you can't it ? The half press functionality is pretty universal and has been forever. Why change it ?

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi Paul
    started a topic Pany frustration

Pany frustration

One thing I can't understand is why Pany don't adopt the AEL/AFL lock function Oly and other brands use where you 1/2 press the shutter to lock, recompose and the camera displays the settings then you click to shoot, with Pany you have to press a function button to AEL/AFL lock then half press the shutter to set exposure or focus then press to shoot, just seems an extra step for no reason or more awkward than it needs to be.

Paul
Working...
X