panasonic 20mm f1.7 vs. olympus 17mm f2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panasonic 20mm f1.7 vs. olympus 17mm f2.8

Been looking to buy the 20mm for a while but for $399.99 seem expensive. Try looking on ebay to get a used one but no luck so far. Now the olympus 17mm f2.8 is only $230.95. That is a big price diffeence. Should I get this or am I going to regret it not getting the panasonic one at that price. What does everyone think?

Re: panasonic 20mm f1.7 vs. olympus 17mm f2.8

I read and researched as much as I could and found a used 20 for $350 US and bought it. It is a nice lens and hard to find S/H which must be some kind of recommendation. There are m4/3 reviews listed here.

Only you know the financial side of this equation - agreed it is a big price difference.
    Bill Shinnick
    Pana GH1; 14-140.

Comment

See if this helps

There are three charts to compare

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/...ration.xml%3F2
      Graham

Keep smiling, it gets folk wondering what you've been up to

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        See if this helps

There are three charts to compare

http://www.dpreview.com/lensreviews/...ration.xml%3F2
        hi,
        just seen this post,but as a relative newbie to the more technical aspects of lenses what does the comparison charts show as a result, in simple terms please, for a 'simple' person like myself.

Thanks.

Comment

I did lots of research on the same subject recently; in the end I bought the Pana 20mm for my E-PL1. All I can say is - it rocks! It is an amazing lens - very fast, very sharp and with no distortion or CAs that I can see. I know there is quite a difference in price, but I think the 20mm is worth it.

Comment

Working...
          X