Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New User Help: Color Correction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New User Help: Color Correction

    I am new to PEN E-PL1 and learning everyday. Question: Can I color correct with the PL1 for say tungsten lighting with the PL1 (like I used to do with my "daylight" filter on my 35mm slr) or do I have to do this still with my Photoshop?

  • #2
    Re: New User Help: Color Correction

    Yes, from the Super Control Panel select White Balance and scroll through the options to the light bulb symbol (incandescant). If correcting in Photoshop it's easier to do with a raw file rather than a JPEG.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

    John

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New User Help: Color Correction

      I knew with all that digital "stuff", it just had to be in there somewhere! Thank you very much! I photograph all my paintings where are illuminated on my easel with incandescent. This will be great and I can get truer colors now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New User Help: Color Correction

        Originally posted by Sanibel View Post
        I knew with all that digital "stuff", it just had to be in there somewhere! Thank you very much! I photograph all my paintings where are illuminated on my easel with incandescent. This will be great and I can get truer colors now.
        Glad we could help, Sanibel. We'd love to see some of your pictures.
        View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

        John

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New User Help: Color Correction

          OK, this is going to sound really dumb, but here goes:
          I manage to muddle through and get my way to the Super Control Panel. And I see that the WB is set on AUTO. I highlight this selection on the panel. and this is where I get stuck; no matter what button I push, it doesn't get me to the light source options as you suggest. I am doing something dumb I know. A little help?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New User Help: Color Correction

            Originally posted by Sanibel View Post
            OK, this is going to sound really dumb, but here goes:
            I manage to muddle through and get my way to the Super Control Panel. And I see that the WB is set on AUTO. I highlight this selection on the panel. and this is where I get stuck; no matter what button I push, it doesn't get me to the light source options as you suggest. I am doing something dumb I know. A little help?
            No worries, there's no such thing as dumb questions, only dumb answers!

            Once you have Auto WB highlighted on the Super Control Panel, press the "OK" button at the centre of the 4-way arrow pad. This will reveal a panel displaying all the White Balance options and you change selection by using the left or right arrow key. When you have highlighted the option you need, press the "OK" button to save it. Let me know if you have further problems.
            View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

            John

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New User Help: Color Correction

              Oh, I thank you for your perseverance! But I must still be doing something wrong or there is a setting disallowing the change. Whether I am in the LIVE CONTROL mode or the SCP Mode, and I select the WB, it shows it being in AUTO but does not allow me to make any changes to this, i.e. pushing the OK/START does NOTHING, no action at all. Any ideas on what I have set wrong? Thank you in advance.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New User Help: Color Correction

                Originally posted by Sanibel View Post
                Oh, I thank you for your perseverance! But I must still be doing something wrong or there is a setting disallowing the change. Whether I am in the LIVE CONTROL mode or the SCP Mode, and I select the WB, it shows it being in AUTO but does not allow me to make any changes to this, i.e. pushing the OK/START does NOTHING, no action at all. Any ideas on what I have set wrong? Thank you in advance.
                Ah, you have the mode dial set to iAuto. In this mode the camera "thinks" for you and many controls (including White Balance adjustment) are disabled. Set the mode dial to P for Program and you'll be able to adjust White Balance as I describe.
                View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

                John

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New User Help: Color Correction

                  I am a retired engineer with advanced degrees. My wife always accuses me of missing the SIMPLE things. Please don't tell her about this lesson today? :-) Works just fine now. Thank you so much for sticking with me on this and I look forward to checking your book.
                  Richard

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New User Help: Color Correction

                    Originally posted by Sanibel View Post
                    I am a retired engineer with advanced degrees. My wife always accuses me of missing the SIMPLE things. Please don't tell her about this lesson today? :-) Works just fine now. Thank you so much for sticking with me on this and I look forward to checking your book.
                    Richard
                    Richard, when I "went digital" about 5 or 6 years ago it was against a background of using a completely manual medium format film camera for the previous 7 or 8 years, without even an exposure meter built in. In a word I was totally lost (OK that's two words) and this forum was a godsend. If we can help others, to pay back the help we have received ourselves, then the forum is working well.
                    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

                    John

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New User Help: Color Correction

                      And now I am totally confused. I have never used the Super Control Panel either. I have followed the instructions above and also in the manual. That is into menu, find Control Setting, switched them all on. Now, trying to get the Super Control Panel to show just disnae happen! Manual says to press the OK button and it will cycle through. It doesn't. I get the normal panel down the side where I can alter stuff but no SCP.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New User Help: Color Correction

                        PS: John: I just bought your book hard bound. Looks like great stuff and good material for my watercolors. May also be the answer I have been looking for for self publishing for my book "My Vietnam". Maybe you can help Gordon? Gordon: the thing I was doing wrong was I had my MODE dial set to AUTO - had to switch to PROGRAM mode . (duh!).
                        Richard

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X