Aternative setting for the "rec" button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aternative setting for the "rec" button

I'm new here, so I hope this question is not too stupid.

On my Olympus PN5 I want to set the "record" button (the red one just behind/bewlow the on/off button) so that I can stop the automatic settings at will. For instance, if I want the sky to be "right" I can point the camera at the sky, and then lower it for the actual picture - or the other way, if I want the "ground" to be correctly exposed, I will put the camera towards the landscape, hold the red button, and then point the camera up to what I want so see.

It probably sais how to do this in the manual, but it is too confusing for me.

Re: Aternative setting for the "rec" button

Originally posted by nilsAndreas View Post
    I'm new here, so I hope this question is not too stupid.

On my Olympus PN5 I want to set the "record" button (the red one just behind/bewlow the on/off button) so that I can stop the automatic settings at will. For instance, if I want the sky to be "right" I can point the camera at the sky, and then lower it for the actual picture - or the other way, if I want the "ground" to be correctly exposed, I will put the camera towards the landscape, hold the red button, and then point the camera up to what I want so see.

It probably sais how to do this in the manual, but it is too confusing for me.
    That sounds like you want an AEL (Auto Exposure Lock) button. Can you please give the full model name for your Olympus camera. I'm not clear what you mean by PN5. Is it the Pen E-P5 or what?
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Ross View Post
      That sounds like you want an AEL (Auto Exposure Lock) button. Can you please give the full model name for your Olympus camera. I'm not clear what you mean by PN5. Is it the Pen E-P5 or what?
      Thank you for answering!

Yes, AE-lock seems right.

The camera is called Olympus Pen Lite E-PL5

Comment

Originally posted by nilsAndreas View Post
        Thank you for answering!

Yes, AE-lock seems right.

The camera is called Olympus Pen Lite E-PL5
        If you want to re-assign a button function you need to go to Menu *B Button/Dial & Button Function then select Record & see the options available for it as you cycle through the options.
        Look at page 79-80 in the manual (downloadable here) http://cs.olympus-imaging.jp/en/supp...man_epl5_e.pdf
        Ross
        I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
        Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
        Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
        Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
        Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Working...
        X