Step down ring problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step down ring problems

I need to use a 55mm filter on a 45mm and 17mm Oly lens so I purchased a 55 to 37 step down ring for the 45mm 1.8 lens.
    The filter screw is fine but the lens thread is female and, of course will not fit the lens.
    What do I have to order as I have seen no step down rings which differentiate between male and female threads.
    Cheers
    Tred.

Re: Step down ring problems

Not sure what you have but a 37mm to 55mm step up should work.
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/37-55mm-3...-/271999474879
    Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Tred View Post
      I need to use a 55mm filter on a 45mm and 17mm Oly lens so I purchased a 55 to 37 step down ring for the 45mm 1.8 lens.
      The filter screw is fine but the lens thread is female and, of course will not fit the lens.
      What do I have to order as I have seen no step down rings which differentiate between male and female threads.
      Cheers
      Tred.
      The difference between a step up & a step down adapter is what gives you the male or female inner & outer threads & Rob has linked the correct one for your use as you will be stepping up from a smaller lens to a larger filter thread. A step down filter adapter would be if you wanted to fit a smaller filter on a larger lens. I hope that makes it clearer for you.

Ross
      I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
      Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
      Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
      Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
      Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Thanks Ross! I thought it must be something like that.
        Cheers, Rob

Comment

Thanks guys - all is clear - until my next problem!!
          Cheers
          Tred

Comment

Working...
          X