Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare battery recommendations

Can anybody recommend what battery to buy as a spare for e-p5
    I.e. are pattern ones any good ? I have seen some but they claim to require a charger as they won't charge with the genuine charger...
    Or any pointers to a place with good price on genuine Olympus batteries? (Bln-1)
    Cheers
    Stu

Re: Spare battery recommendations

Gidday Stu

Cannot help you with specific recommendation/s, but I use Hahnel aftermarket batteries in my 4/3rds bodies. They seem to perform indistinguishably from the OEM ones.

Hahnel web site is here:
    http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm?page=...tteries&vId=27

You may find something to suit if you prowl around there.

My BLM-1 replacements came as a kit with a 12/240V charger for both mains and car. Very handy if still available that way.

[EDIT]

Found this link on this site that deals with this issue specifically http://www.fourthirds-user.com/forum...31&postcount=7 .
    Your battery is a BLN-1, according to the Olympus manual for your camera at p.7 of the English manual.

Hope this helps.

[end edit]
    Last edited by John King; 1st September 2013, 04:02 AM. Reason: added link and info
    regards, john from Melbourne, Australia

Galleries: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Olympus dSLRs: E-30; E-510; E-1
    ZD lenses: f2.8/25 pancake; f2/50 macro; 7~14; 11~22; 14~42; 14~45; 14~54 MkII; 40~150 MkI; 40~150 MkII; 50~200 MkI; EX-25; EC-14
    Accessories: 3x Studio strobe kit; R3880; V700; Minolta ScanElite 5400 II; FL-36R; Sunpak MX-124; OM to 4/3rds adapters
    And a whole swag of film gear and computer stuff. Very fortunate, really.

Comment

I have now purchased a couple of Amazon.com: Progo Battery for Olympus BLN-1, Olympus OM-D EM-5, 1600mAh, Work same as Olympus original battery. Retail Pack.: Camera & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hZwuIliJL.@@AMEPARAM@@41hZwuIliJL. They work just like the Olympus batteries and charge in the Olympus charger.

The first of these I purchased in April 2013 and it has been through dozens of charge cyles without problem.
      Clint

OM-D EM-1 | Panasonic 7-14mm | Olympus 12-40mm | Panasonic 35-100mm | Olympus 50-200mm | Panasonic 25mm | Olympus 45mm

Comment

Thanks John and Clint. After reading the thread John linked to, I have decided to buy 1 genuine battery rather than a couple of aftermarket replacements, the one Clint showed looks good but it's in the u.s. so post might add up. I always previously carried 5 spare batteries for my e-p3 but I've come to realize I never really used more than 2 before getting the oportunity to charge them back anyway.
        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by scrote View Post
          Thanks John and Clint. After reading the thread John linked to, I have decided to buy 1 genuine battery rather than a couple of aftermarket replacements, the one Clint showed looks good but it's in the u.s. so post might add up. I always previously carried 5 spare batteries for my e-p3 but I've come to realize I never really used more than 2 before getting the oportunity to charge them back anyway.
          Thanks.
          I bought two cheap third party batteries on Amazon for my Lumix, worked fine for about 9 months, now they don't hold their charge. The Panasonic battery is still gong strong. If you still want third party batteries at low prices, I have found batteries bought from 7 day shop served me well in the past, lasting equally as long as a genuine battery. That was when I used Canon.

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by scrote View Post
            Thanks.
            I don't think that Clint looked at your location to realize that you are in Australia. Most of these after-market batteries are sold worldwide but often under different vendors/brand names in different countries.

Comment

Gidday MH

Methinks that perhaps scrote is from Norfolk, UK?

But you're absolutely right. And a very good reason for being fairly specific about one's general location in one's user profile ...
              regards, john from Melbourne, Australia

Galleries: http://canopuscomputing.com.au/gallery2/v/main-page/

Olympus dSLRs: E-30; E-510; E-1
              ZD lenses: f2.8/25 pancake; f2/50 macro; 7~14; 11~22; 14~42; 14~45; 14~54 MkII; 40~150 MkI; 40~150 MkII; 50~200 MkI; EX-25; EC-14
              Accessories: 3x Studio strobe kit; R3880; V700; Minolta ScanElite 5400 II; FL-36R; Sunpak MX-124; OM to 4/3rds adapters
              And a whole swag of film gear and computer stuff. Very fortunate, really.

Comment

Working...
              X