Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New issue. When I change lenes everything goes blank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New issue. When I change lenes everything goes blank?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? It seems that the contacts may not be connecting properly. It is frustrating and hoping that someone else has expereicned this and knows of the solution/fix.

Re: New issue. When I change lenes everything goes blank?

Are you turning the camera off before changing lens? I am pretty sure this is recommended on most cameras?
    Iain

E-M5 II, 9-18, 12-40, 17, 40-150, 45, 60, 100-400

Website
    Flickr

Comment

Yes, I turn/turned off prior to removing or changing the lens. Then I have turned on & off several times to still only have a blank screen. I then untwist the lens a few tmes, power on & off a few times and then for whatever reason, it starts working. The frustrating part is not knowing when or why?

Comment

Is there anyway that you are catching the 'Info' button while changing the lens?
        (this assumes there is an info button on an E-P3!)
        Iain

E-M5 II, 9-18, 12-40, 17, 40-150, 45, 60, 100-400

Website
        Flickr

Comment

While I haven't had a similar problem myself I've read more than once that one should check the flange screw tightness on the mounting plate of the lens and the camera body. Apparently they can become loose slightly which manifests itself in that type of behaviour. The often stated caution is to use a proper fitting small screwdriver as the heads are easy to strip if too much force is applied...
          "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

Working...
          X