Problem with my New EP3 control wheel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Problem with my New EP3 control wheel

Well I've found a slight problem with my EP3! The bloomin control wheel which is now placed on top of the camera rather than inside like the EP1, the cover has fallen off. Luckily I have found it and have put it to one side safely, has nayone else had this problem at all?

Does anyone know how it goes back together?

It does look like its just glued on, which doesn't look good!

Re: Problem with my New EP3 control wheel

Originally posted by pepper View Post
    Well I've found a slight problem with my EP3! The bloomin control wheel which is now placed on top of the camera rather than inside like the EP1, the cover has fallen off. Luckily I have found it and have put it to one side safely, has nayone else had this problem at all?

Does anyone know how it goes back together?

It does look like its just glued on, which doesn't look good!
    Your problem prompted me to look at the wheel on my E-P3 and with hardly any effort I pulled mine off! Luckily it relocated with a firm press and it just seems to snap into place but this does appear to be a serious weakness and not what I would expect from a 600 camera. A spot of glue is tempting but daunting. Have you tried pressing yours back into place? I'd suggest checking which mode your camera is in beforehand, so that you can align the wheel to the index mark correctly. Good luck.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

I'd tried to snap it back down, but wasn't going to push to hard as I'm one of those people who always manages to break things!

If someones going to break something it's going to be me I'm afraid!

Comment

There are black looking marks on the bottom of the cover where it looks like it may have been glued, I'll post images !

Not brilliant photos, not much light and only using my iphone quickly.

Oh and I've now tried to pop it back on and that doesn't seem to be working, my covers going back in the box as I'm only going lose it forever the first time I step out of the house with it! I can tell where it is by what it tells me on the screen.

Comment

Sorry you're not having any joy with this one, it really is a disgrace that such a weakness should be present on an otherwise very well made camera.
          View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

I've had the same situation (just a day ago) ..the small disc with the labels is just stuck on with some glue..you can see a circular glue mark on the inside of the cover...just use some rubber solution/glue to put it back in place.

Regards.
            E510, E3, E-PL1,E620 ,E-5,OM-D
            50-200SWD, 14-54Mk1, 50mm f2. 35mm,70-300mm,12-60mmSWD,PL-25mm-1.4,150mm-F2
            MFT: 14-42(kit)/12mm/45mm

Comment

Originally posted by Raj Surin View Post
              I've had the same situation (just a day ago) ..the small disc with the labels is just stuck on with some glue..you can see a circular glue mark on the inside of the cover...just use some rubber solution/glue to put it back in place.

Regards.
              Seems to be a common problem. For the price I would have expected 3 small grub screws holding it firmly in place!

John

Comment

I do seem to have found a problem that a few of us are sharing! John you're right about this knob, it should be held on a little more professionally than the knob on my Panasonic TZ5 which this camera has replaced.

It is a little bit of a shame that this is happening!

Comment

Working...
                X