new E-P3 in the house!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new E-P3 in the house!

after not being able to tell me when my EP3 would be shipped, B&H shipped it out last night and i received it this morning. (they are fast, but i'm only across the water).

it's fantastic. the size and weight are puuuurrrfect for me! unfortunately, they did not ship my 45mm lens, so i only have the 14-42 to play with this weekend. i did take a few test shots not long ago.

on auto - straight out the box - the colors look rich. too rich (oversaturated) actually (outside), i will change that to my linking. this doesn't sound like an olympus camera, so i'm blaming my eyes. that's right, user error.

i'm loving the weight and i feel like i could carry it around my neck for hours without straining my neck/shoulder muscles.

i don't have an EVF and at this point i don't care. i have a canon g12 that has a built-in viewfinder and i hardly ever use it. i can see just fine in bright light with it. never thought i'd be okay without one as my main camera, but i don't miss it right now.

i'll eventually add the 9-18 and the 14-150 lens and then i'm done. i do have the four thirds 9-18 that lives on my e1 and could get an adapter. has anyone used the FT 9-18 on a MFT body (with an adapter). i'm in no rush for the 9-18 and rather have the 14-150 first.

i'll post some photos on flickr and here after i'm done playing with it.

love the touch screen. who wouldn't?

and it's cute.

very happy with my decision.
    Happily photographing within my camera's limitations.
    Website

Flickr

Re: new E-P3 in the house!

Originally posted by NaturalWoman View Post
    on auto - straight out the box - the colors look rich. too rich (oversaturated) actually (outside), i will change that to my linking. this doesn't sound like an olympus camera, so i'm blaming my eyes. that's right, user error.
    Are you basing this off the files on your computer or on the OLED screen? You have to remember that the OLED screen on your camera will be brighter and more vibrant than the LCD on your computer; so if the preview looks over-saturated, make sure you reserve judgement until the files are downloaded on your computer.

The other thing this could be is the iEnhance mode. This is the default picture setting in iAuto (and possibly the only option available, at least that's how it works on the E-PL2). Your other modes (P, A, S, M) should default to Natural picture mode, which won't look so over-saturated. If you do want Auto mode but the camera won't let you turn off iEnhance, then try using Program mode instead.
    Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Congrats on your new camera I'm sure you will love it

The m9-18 and m14-150 are great lenses I have both and love them.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Paul
      GH-3, OM-D, 7-14, 12-35, 35-100, 100-300, 25, 60 macro, 40-150 Pro.

RX100

View my online albums Picasa and
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ned View Post
        Are you basing this off the files on your computer or on the OLED screen? You have to remember that the OLED screen on your camera will be brighter and more vibrant than the LCD on your computer; so if the preview looks over-saturated, make sure you reserve judgement until the files are downloaded on your computer.

The other thing this could be is the iEnhance mode. This is the default picture setting in iAuto (and possibly the only option available, at least that's how it works on the E-PL2). Your other modes (P, A, S, M) should default to Natural picture mode, which won't look so over-saturated. If you do want Auto mode but the camera won't let you turn off iEnhance, then try using Program mode instead.
        actually both - computer and OLED, but the monitor i was on sucked donkey and knew i either had to wait until i got to a better computer and/or turn down the saturation. we're all good now.

i LOVE it and can't wait to use it more.

thanks
        Website

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Woofmix View Post
          Congrats on your new camera I'm sure you will love it

The m9-18 and m14-150 are great lenses I have both and love them.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Paul
          happy as a pig in slop. i think i may sleep with it tonight. thanks paul.
          Website

Flickr

Comment

Mine came in Friday from B&H as well...

Comment

Am I jealous - not really, I just won't look at your pix. I am really interested in seeing them.

Congratulations both.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Working...
              X