Micro photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro photography

I need to shoot butterfly eggs (1mm) and the caterpillar that emerges (~2mm). With bellows, at that close distance, for the caterpillar (won't keep still) I have small flash units like I once used with my OM1.

I see for sale "Wireless hot-shoe trigger set with receiver for DSLR Canon, Nikon, Pentax, ".
    Will this work with my OM-D E-M5 ?? Any advice anyone?

PS I have tried using a Metz15 MS-1 but I suspect its too close and seems to reflect (bounce) into the lens somewhat (a milky picture).

Re: Micro photography

Have you tried cutting down the power on the15 MS-1 or putting a tissue as a diffuser? What lens are you using?
    Ed.

The early bird gets the worm , but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Comment

The subjects are no longer alive, so I can't repeat the shots. I need to do more practice; however I'll try a) weaker flash and b) diffuser.

Lenses used are: OM 50mm macro, 50mm macro reversed, 20mm macro. My 60mm 4/3 macro has no adapter for the OM bellows (??)

My question about the shoe trigger set remains unanswered; meantime thanks!

Comment

I DiY a lot of things to get the pictures I want, including things like this:

I too use a Bellows Macro and have a SunPak ring flash that goes down to 1/125th power.
        Graham

Keep smiling, it gets folk wondering what you've been up to

Comment

Graham: Thanks that looks interesting.

I still would like to know if these trigger/receiver sets would work on the E-M5

Comment

Working...
          X