X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ask your questions about the new OM-D family and E-M5 camera

Originally posted by ancro View Post
    I have promised to photograph 110 Works of art - mostly paintings. I would ask if anybody would be kind enough to advise me on which of the following solutions would be the best to go for:
    I upload three Photos. All three taken on the same spot a few minutes after one another, and all three right out of the camera.

E-5 plus Zuiko 14-35mm 2.0

E-M5 plus MZuiko 45mm 1.8

E-M5 plus Zuiko 14-35mm 2.0 plus adaptor

Thank you so much.

Annie
    Annie - I can't seem to find the images you include in the post above - have you deleted them?

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
    Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
    Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
    Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Yes Ian, I deleted them. I didn't expect more replies.
      Sorry,
      Annie

Comment

Here they are again.
        Annie

Comment

I have to do this quite often for my wife's art group. There is a useful video produced by the Open College of the Arts https://vimeo.com/12290230 Only a few minutes but well worth watching.

Basically I lay the painting on the floor, use one diffused flash off camera at 45 degrees and a sheet of mount card as a reflector on the other side, Camera on a tripod pointing straight down. Minimum extraneous light. Once it's set up you can photograph a lot of pictures quite quickly.

Comment

Thanks very much Mike. I will certainly watch the video. I too often place the paintings on the floor. I also use the wireless flash together with my E-M5. However, I normally handhold the camera, taking advantage of the flexible screen. Will now try with the tripod.
            Thanks again, Annie

Comment

Hi guys,
              Am new to the m43 world, have just got rid of my DSLR and lenses as I was fed up carrying around loads of heavy gear, and having aching wrists and shoulders for days after shoots!
              So, my question to you all is this.
              With my previous cameras I shot with a couple of the newer Yongnuo speedlites, I have searched everywhere but cannot find a definitive answer.
              Will they work on an E-M5?? I only used them in manual mode anyway, so no bother if they don't work in TTL mode, just don't want to damage the hotshoe mounts if they won't work.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by neil549 View Post
                Hi guys,
                Am new to the m43 world, have just got rid of my DSLR and lenses as I was fed up carrying around loads of heavy gear, and having aching wrists and shoulders for days after shoots!
                With my previous cameras I shot with a couple of the newer Yongnuo speedlites, I have searched everywhere but cannot find a definitive answer.
                Will they work on an E-M5?? I only used them in manual mode anyway, so no bother if they don't work in TTL mode, just don't want to damage the hotshoe mounts if they won't work.

Cheers!
                G'day Neil. Welcome & glad to see another Oly OM-D user.
                What model Yongnuo speedlites are they? As long as the incompatible TTL pins don't connect & it only uses the centre main pin, then it should be OK for manual flash.

Ross
                I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

Originally posted by neil549 View Post
                  Hi guys,

Cheers!
                  Yes - should be fine

Ian
                  Founder/editor
                  Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
                  Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
                  Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
                  Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
                  Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                  Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                  Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Hi everyone,

I just have OMD EM5 from EB
                    Loved this camera better than my PEN EPL-1

Anyway, just upgrade the firmware to become ver.2.0
                    After took some photo with Dramatic SCN filter, the camera suddenly went blank
                    The first symptom was like took a photo with very slow speed in low light, but then it went blank forever on my screen and my view finder
                    Thought the battery flat, but when I switch on and off button, I can hear like a normal sound

Connect the camera with my computer, when USB connected t give option on its screen normally for selection of USD, MDP, PRINT, EXIT

Does anyone have any experience with this before ?

Any suggestion are welcome and appreciating

Regards

wirawan

Comment

Try removing the lens, cleaning the contacts, then attach the lens with a positive click.
                      View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
                        Try removing the lens, cleaning the contacts, then attach the lens with a positive click.

Dear John

Thanks for your advice. Bit strange, I was trying to change with several lens that I have it didn't work

After got your suggestion, tried to clean the pins on the camera, and gave a gentle pushed in by fingers, and voiala, it worked again

Hopefully its only dirty, not having a problem inside the pins

Thanks again

Comment

Hello John and all members

Got again the problem, now I realized in front of the sensors when you pressed the shutter it has kind of curtain that come up. Seems like it just jam covering the sensor

Does anyone ever have this problem, is it possible because of the spring got weakened ? Compared with my E-PL1 it has very loud click sound, but with EM5 sound like very soft click

Comment

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere else.
                            I'm new to the forum, and to this camera.

I have managed to turn on some feature on this camera that makes all the darkest darks show bright blue, and the whites turn orange on the display. It's really distracting, and I can't find a way to turn it off. Can someone please help explain what this feature is (why I'd use it), and how to disable it?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by slouch View Post
                              Forgive me if this is posted somewhere else.
                              I'm new to the forum, and to this camera.

I have managed to turn on some feature on this camera that makes all the darkest darks show bright blue, and the whites turn orange on the display. It's really distracting, and I can't find a way to turn it off. Can someone please help explain what this feature is (why I'd use it), and how to disable it?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
                              First of all, that is a 'highlight/shadow' function that is used as one of the 'live view' screens & those optional screen displays (as in grid, level etc) are cycled through using the 'INFO' key. Page 39 & 40 in the Manual shows this. You can select the optional screen displays in Menu *J, Info Settings (it actually comes under Built-In EVF in the Menus) & untick the screen you don't want.
                              Ross
                              I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
                              Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
                              Lenses: M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
                              Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
                              Software: Capture One Pro 10 (& Olympus Viewer 3).

Comment

It's not a bug, it's a feature! In the highlight/shadow display mode, those orange and blue areas are showing you parts of the image that are completely white and completely black. It's very useful for setting exposure to ensure that you retain detail in all of the parts of the frame that you want.

- Hal -
                                A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
                                Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Working...
                                X