X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! selecting a card

I need some help please,
    I have looked through the manual and can't find an answer,
    ok, so if you have 2 cards in the camera, i.e. 1 xd card and 1 compact flash card, how can you select which card the camera saves to ?
    lets say one card becomes full how do you tell the camera to use the other card ? or maybe you just want to record to the other card, how do you tell the camera to use 1 card and not the other ? it's driving me mad but other than removing 1 card i can't find a way of telling the camera which card to use ?
    thanks

Re: selecting a card

You use the Super Control Panel (SCP) in exactly the same way as you would use it to change the ISO or WB etc. Bring up the SCP, press OK to activate it, use the arrow keys to navigate to card part of the display and then press OK to open the card selection display.
    E-M5 | E-M1 | mZD 9-18 | mZD 12-40 | mZD 12-50 | mZD 40-140 | mZD 75-300 | mZD 45 f1.8 | Panasonic-m 14 f2.5 | Panasonic-m 20 f1.7 | Panasonic-m 25mm f1.4 |

E3 | ZD 14-54 Mk1 | ZD 50-200SWD | ZD 35 Macro | Panaleica 25mm | Sigma 150mm f2.8 Macro |

Comment

when I go to the card screen i just get 2 options
      1: to erase
      2: to format

Comment

I think you are using the MENU system. Don't press the MENU button.

You need to use the Super Control Panel. Read about the SCP on page 7 if the manual

http://www.olympus.co.jp/en/support/...man_e620_e.pdf
        E-M5 | E-M1 | mZD 9-18 | mZD 12-40 | mZD 12-50 | mZD 40-140 | mZD 75-300 | mZD 45 f1.8 | Panasonic-m 14 f2.5 | Panasonic-m 20 f1.7 | Panasonic-m 25mm f1.4 |

E3 | ZD 14-54 Mk1 | ZD 50-200SWD | ZD 35 Macro | Panaleica 25mm | Sigma 150mm f2.8 Macro |

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          I need some help please,
          I have looked through the manual and can't find an answer,
          ok, so if you have 2 cards in the camera, i.e. 1 xd card and 1 compact flash card, how can you select which card the camera saves to ?
          lets say one card becomes full how do you tell the camera to use the other card ? or maybe you just want to record to the other card, how do you tell the camera to use 1 card and not the other ? it's driving me mad but other than removing 1 card i can't find a way of telling the camera which card to use ?
          thanks
          You can use the Menu system, you are not restricted to using the Super Control Panel. With the menu on, go down to the Gears icon and press OK. Go down to Item H "Record/Erase" and go to that. Look for CF/xD near the bottom and select which type of storage card you wish to use. Press the "OK" button, then exit the menu.

Comment

Working...
          X