Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! SWWF on fire

Hi there, made you look, eh?
    Moderately happy user of a three year old E520. Been bugged recently by the camera not being willing to focus or take a picture after being switched on for a while (say 10 to 20 mins). SWWF diode is firing like mad, blinking blue in quite rapid succession. Have to switch camera off and on occasionally several times to make that fire go out. Camera can be brought back to "regular life" (TM) only if on one of the switch-out procedures I hear that scratchy sound from within (the mysterious one which puzzled me until I read that it is a feature and not a bug). Tried to clean the contacts of the battery to no avail. Anyone seen a bug like that? It's truly annoying since one loses some great picture occasions because El 520ico went bananas again. Switching off right after taking a picture is dear on the battery power and may be unwise for other reasons, too, right?
    Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance
    -arne

Re: SWWF on fire

I don't know about the E520 but on E30 and E5 and the "scratchy noise" is an indicator for the image stabilization not the SWF dust removal. So try switching the IS off and then see whether the problem still occurs.

David
    E-M1, Tamron 14-150mm, ED 75-300mm, ED 60mm, FL50R,
    Canon 7DII, Canon 400mm f5.6L, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, EF 55-250mm, EF 18-55mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Comment

Re: SWWF on fire

Hi David, haven't really followed all the oozing wisdom on what the whirring sound is coming from. My problem can of course be linked to the stabilizer, will check that first thing tomorrow. But, see, this is what's confusing me - strangely enough the blue diode that goes bananas is top front near the program selector wheel and it is _labelled_ SSWF. Hmmmm. Another romic plot by them Olympians, conforming to the law of "if you can't convince them, puzzle them"?
      Cheers and thanx for your foodforthoughts
      -arne

Comment

Working...
      X