Annoying Unremovable Fragment in Viewfinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Annoying Unremovable Fragment in Viewfinder

Have any of you ever bought a used camera only to find dust and specks in the viewfinder? Annoying sometimes?

Well I just a bought a used E-520 off of Ebay with 10k clicks, along with the 14-45(whichI will replace with the 14-42 for now), and when I look into the viewfinder, there is a thick fragment that looks like a pencil mark near the center circle.

I used a blower, and compressed air. Did not remove it. I removed the focus screen, blow compressed air on it, and the mirrors above it, and nothing happened. Replaced the screen, and the mark is still there. I think if I send it into Olympus, it will cost me two to three times what I paid for the camera.

Have any of you ever encountered this type of dirt embedded into the prism mirrors, and not focus screen?

I think it is a manufacturing defect, some glue or something.

Any similar experiences? What did you do?

I will try to ignore it, and live with it.

Re: Annoying Unremovable Fragment in Viewfinder

Oh dear, that's annoying! You seem to have done all that is possible without sending it to Olympus.
    View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

Re: Annoying Unremovable Fragment in Viewfinder

Just for the heck of it, I called Olympus. They want a flat fee of $119.95 to repair or replace whatever is necessary.

I can get another camera on Ebay for that money.

I guess John, I will have to learn to live with it.

The camera works, and the images are sharp and clear. What more could I ask for?.

Comment

Working...
      X