E-7 Image?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-7 Image?

If this image is a true likeness of what is to come it pleases me somewhat as it has kept its shape similar to my current E-5. Unfortunately, I don't have an image showing the layout of the rear.
    It seems to have kept the mirror box and on board flash unit.
    The layout has altered little; I note it doesn't now carry the remote cable connector and the white balance sensor has changed position with the remote control lamp. Button placement looks similar too.
    As it is now the first day of April it suggests to me we shouldn't have to wait too long for stock to be put on the shelves.

All in all a pretty picture.

Regards. Barr1e

Re: E-7 Image?

Oh wow Barrie, nice to have contacts in high places. That is probably a test mule with possible design modifications when it is finally released, I would guess around next Apr 1 considering how slow Oly moves...
    "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

It's still March 31 here, so this must be true. Our prayers are being answered! The E-7 is clearly designed to evoke the look and feel of the beloved E-1. It's destined to become a classic, collector's item, and coveted photographic icon.

- Hal -
      A Still Mind - Photography, Music, Meditation, Ministry - www.astillmind.net
      Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
        If this image is a true likeness of what is to come it pleases me somewhat as it has kept its shape similar to my current E-5. Unfortunately, I don't have an image showing the layout of the rear.
        It seems to have kept the mirror box and on board flash unit.
        The layout has altered little; I note it doesn't now carry the remote cable connector and the white balance sensor has changed position with the remote control lamp. Button placement looks similar too.
        As it is now the first day of April it suggests to me we shouldn't have to wait too long for stock to be put on the shelves.

All in all a pretty picture.

Regards. Barr1e
        The image texture appears altered near the E-7 name, so might this be something which a user has photoshopped? That has become an unfortunately common occurrence when people are anticipating a new camera model release. I'm not saying that I don't want an E-7 to be released, just that I've learned to be skeptical before an official announcement.

Comment

Thanks for the comments - it must be the 1st now around the globe.

I think if I wanted to alter the camera I would have done a little better.

I saw several years ago on another forum a brilliant photoshopped version of the Canon 35D by Adam Barkow.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
            Thanks for the comments - it must be the 1st now around the globe.

I think if I wanted to alter the camera I would have done a little better.

I saw several years ago on another forum a brilliant photoshopped version of the Canon 35D by Adam Barkow.

Regards. Barr1e
            I like the "Call Spock" button as with a back like that one would need that function

Comment

Where's the onboard printer?

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                Where's the onboard printer?
                Printer? Such primitive technology! The camera obviously includes a matter replicatior, as evidenced by the food and beverage buttons. It can simply replicate a print, or project a solid holographic image of one.

Too bad the rear LCD is so small. Otherwise it would be a nice camera.

- Hal -
                Olympus E-M5; Panasonic-Leica DG Summilux 25mm; Zuiko 12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD; Sigma 105 Macro; Rokinon (Samyang) 7.5mm fisheye; Olympus 8/1.8 PRO fisheye; FL-50R; Giottos MT-8361 tripod with Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead.

Comment

Hmmm, camera appears to be on but the battery indicator shows dead, you would have though a small reactor would be used instead of batteries. Better use the call Spock button...
                  "Stef" E-620 and stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by West Arm Rider View Post
                    Hmmm, camera appears to be on but the battery indicator shows dead, you would have though a small reactor would be used instead of batteries. Better use the call Spock button...
                    No, the battery meter is for power output, used to jump start your starship.

- Hal -

Comment

I don't see a joystick for remote piloting the shuttle craft.
                      It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Comment

Originally posted by hschnee View Post
                        Printer? Such primitive technology! The camera obviously includes a matter replicatior, as evidenced by the food and beverage buttons. It can simply replicate a print, or project a solid holographic image of one.

Too bad the rear LCD is so small. Otherwise it would be a nice camera.

- Hal -
                        But Hal, the LCD is obviously just for those who for some reason need such a primitive technology for status information (it normally just uses the remote neural interface - buttons are just for those having problems multitasking - scatterbrains <g>). The holographic projection allows one to view the image in 1:1 ratio or whatever you prefer!

Comment

Working...
                        X