Time taken to take picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time taken to take picture.

Hi all, birthday happened yesterday and yes I am now the proud owner of an FL36. Already really enjoying it although the size of the manual nearly frightened me to death (at my age now I have to watch the stress ), it seems there is nearly as much to learn about using this flash as there is to using the camera, does anybody have any ideas on books/sites where I can get tips on how to use flash effectively orcreatively with dslr.
    Thanks again for all the advice, it helped me decide.
    www.photographsbyshirley.co.uk
    www.blurb.co.uk/bookstore/detail/3985522
    http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1702644

Comment

Re: Time taken to take picture.

Originally posted by Ian View Post
      Hmmm, just got my E-400 out and had a look and at the manual, it doesn't obviously appear that you can turn the AF illuminator (pre-flash) off You can with the E-500, E-410 and E-510 I'm pretty sure

Give me some time and I'll see if I can find a definitive answer.

Ian
      You certainly can turn the AF Illuminator off on the E500, although I didn't know you could until I read this thread - thanks very much, guys.

This partly answers my main critisism of the E500. The low light auto focus will still be woefully inadequate, but at least now I won't annoy other people. The illuminator didn't work despite all those flashes anyway; the autofocus was still rubbish in low light.

On the E500 the AF Illuminator function is accessed, I found through trial and error, from the main menu via the symbol that looks like a spanner followed by number "1". You then scroll down a long way, it's quite well hidden but it is there, as I now know!

Thanks again,

John
      View my ebook, The Light Fantastic, at: http://store.blurb.co.uk/ebooks/3026...ight-fantastic

John

Comment

Working...
      X