Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Waiting!

    Am I the only one with th E400?

    Quite happy with mine and not ready to upgrade yet. Love to talk to other users

  • #2
    Re: Waiting!

    Hi Gerard,

    I'm seriously considering an E-400. I currently use an E-1 and hope (if I can afford it) to get the E-3? However I like the idea of an OM sized DSLR and the E-400 looks like it would suit me. Of course if I can't afford the E-3 then it makes the decision more difficult, do I go for the E-400, E-410 or E-510

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Waiting!

      Originally posted by Iloca View Post
      Hi Gerard,

      I'm seriously considering an E-400. I currently use an E-1 and hope (if I can afford it) to get the E-3? However I like the idea of an OM sized DSLR and the E-400 looks like it would suit me. Of course if I can't afford the E-3 then it makes the decision more difficult, do I go for the E-400, E-410 or E-510
      The E-400 is not a bad little camera at all. The noise performance is inbetween the E-500 and the E410/510. If you can get one cheaply, it could be a good buy, unless you need the best possible high-ISO performance and, of course, Live View.

      Ian
      Founder/editor
      Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
      Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
      Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
      Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Waiting!

        Here's another E-400 user. I bought the E-400 in nov/dec last year as a stop-gap solution until the E-pro arrived (I just needed a little more mps for certain work). Since I have the E-400 it's been upgraded to be my #1 camera. The E-1 has recently been converted to an Infrared only camera by Jens Birch (probably known to many), and now I'm waiting for the E-pro to be available.

        I love the E-400, and am considering a second 400 or maybe a 410 (for my astrophotography work). The 4xx models are small but feisty cameras.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Waiting!

          Originally posted by marcof View Post
          Here's another E-400 user. I bought the E-400 in nov/dec last year as a stop-gap solution until the E-pro arrived (I just needed a little more mps for certain work). Since I have the E-400 it's been upgraded to be my #1 camera. The E-1 has recently been converted to an Infrared only camera by Jens Birch (probably known to many), and now I'm waiting for the E-pro to be available.

          I love the E-400, and am considering a second 400 or maybe a 410 (for my astrophotography work). The 4xx models are small but feisty cameras.
          The IR conversions sounds interesting. Does that require the removal of the IR filter in front of the sensor? How does that affect the Supersonic Wave filter anti-dust feature?

          Ian

          PS Love to see some of your IR pix
          Founder/editor
          Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
          Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
          Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
          Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Waiting!

            Originally posted by Ian View Post
            The IR conversions sounds interesting. Does that require the removal of the IR filter in front of the sensor? How does that affect the Supersonic Wave filter anti-dust feature?

            Ian

            PS Love to see some of your IR pix
            The IR cut filter is replaced by an IR-pass filter (in my case a filter that passes light beyond 780nm), the conversion has no real influence on the SSWF. Check out a detailed description of the process here

            Sample IR .. hmm.. here's a snapshot


            Marco

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Waiting!

              Originally posted by marcof View Post
              The IR cut filter is replaced by an IR-pass filter (in my case a filter that passes light beyond 780nm), the conversion has no real influence on the SSWF. Check out a detailed description of the process here

              Sample IR .. hmm.. here's a snapshot


              Marco
              That's cool, Marco

              I'm going to copy this to the E-1 board.

              Ian
              Founder/editor
              Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
              Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
              Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
              Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Waiting!

                Originally posted by gerard View Post
                Am I the only one with th E400?

                Quite happy with mine and not ready to upgrade yet. Love to talk to other users
                You are not the only one,me too.
                I like kodak CCD,so I chose E400,for it's the only 10 megal pixels E-DSLR that use Kodak CCD,though it's not FFT.
                Nice to meet you and looking forward to your pictures.
                Derek

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Waiting!

                  Wish I could afford to sacrifice an E-1!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Waiting!

                    Another E400 user chirping in here.

                    I was actually incredibly lucky with my purchase. I was upgrading from a fantastic compact, the Fuji finepix E900 and spent several weeks fretting and looking at dpreview and so on and trying to decide what camera to go with. The D40 was ruled out pretty fast due to the huge negativity towards lack of AF motor, and my choices were fast boiling down to the Canon 400D which a friend of mine has, and a Pentax something or other. After comparing shot quality, features, weight, and future compatibility, I settled on the E-400.

                    I was lucky in the price. When I decided to buy it I was using a store card and had to wait for a new one to arrive. Between the time of me wishing to buy it, to the time I did buy it, the E410 arrived so the price of the E-400 dual lense kit went down from about 740 euro to about 560 euro, so I was quite pleased.

                    It's a great piece of kit I have to say. It's small and light, which really helps on long days out. Noise seems to be the only drawback, but it's quite acceptable on some of the higher noise shots, and I use neatimage to remove exessive noise.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Waiting!

                      Just return to the forum after 2 week gap. Computer problems!
                      Nice to see more E400 users now than 2 weeks ago.
                      I am new to E400 and am only learning. Have posted one picture in nature gallery. Cropped heavily but I liked it

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X