Newbie here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here....

Just want to say hello and looking forward to exploring what this site has to offer regarding photography in general.
    Famous Last Words: "HOLD MY BEER AND WATCH THIS"

Re: Newbie here....

Carl,

Welcome! I am going to be in your area in a few weeks, any good camera shops I can kill some time at??

Comment

Originally posted by swimswithsharks View Post
      Carl,

Welcome! I am going to be in your area in a few weeks, any good camera shops I can kill some time at??
      There a couple.

Pardee's Cameras: 3335 El Camino Avenue
      Sacramento, California 95821
      Tel: 916.483.3435

Camera Arts: 712 57TH St
      Sacramento, CA 95819-3325
      Phone: (916) 736-3084

Pardees has the largest selections of all major manufacturers and a complete line of 4/3rds lenses. I think you love this store.

Camera Arts sorry to say does not carry Olympus. They do have several OM Prime lenses though.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl View Post
        Just want to say hello and looking forward to exploring what this site has to offer regarding photography in general.
        Hi Carl, you are very welcome to FTU. Just read your profile - you're building a new home in Bali? Wow! I lived in Indonesia as a child for a couple of years and we went to Bali once - still remember it vividly, but I'm sure it has changed a lot in 35 years.

What kind of photography are you interested in? Marine - hopefully!

Ian
        Founder/editor
        Four Thirds User (http://fourthirds-user.com)
        Digital Photography Now (http://dpnow.com)
        Olympus UK E-System User Group (http://e-group.uk.net)
        Olympus camera, lens, and accessory hire (http://e-group.uk.net/hire)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

As of now, My fiance and I purchased a 1 acre lot in Bali, We should start building early next year. My goal is to retire in 3 years if my investments and finances fall in place. Hopefully I've planned wisely.

My interest in photography varies from Portraiture, Landscape, Scenic, etc...I just love photography period. Part of a business venture I'm planning with a friend is to run a Pacific Island Adventures Tours.

Ian, maybe you can assist me. I've been trying to upload pictures and have been unsuccessful. I've chosen several photos from my computer file through the Browse process and clicked Submit. It says successful, but I can't seem to find them in the gallery and the total bytes used counter is still 0. Woud you know what I may be overlooking?

Comment

Sounds like a trip to Pardee's is in order. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl View Post
              As of now, My fiance and I purchased a 1 acre lot in Bali, We should start building early next year. My goal is to retire in 3 years if my investments and finances fall in place. Hopefully I've planned wisely.

My interest in photography varies from Portraiture, Landscape, Scenic, etc...I just love photography period. Part of a business venture I'm planning with a friend is to run a Pacific Island Adventures Tours.

Ian, maybe you can assist me. I've been trying to upload pictures and have been unsuccessful. I've chosen several photos from my computer file through the Browse process and clicked Submit. It says successful, but I can't seem to find them in the gallery and the total bytes used counter is still 0. Woud you know what I may be overlooking?
              Hi -

Surely FLW should be 'Hold my beer and I'll watch you drink it'.

I like the sound of paradise - never been to Bali -hmmm.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Working...
              X