e330 settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e330 settings

by way of introduction, i finally picked up an e330 as a way of experimenting with older leica r series lenses with 4/3rds. me e330 didn't come with any lenses.
    what i'm curious about are what settings in the menu work best- defaults or customized to individual users' taste?
    thanks
    t

Re: e330 settings

I'm not really very good with settings yet, but I seem to keep my 330 in apeture, compared to the 510 its a really nice portrait camera i think, the colours seem richer and in apeture mode it works best for me.

I try not to play with menu settings and just develop in raw.

I guess it all depends on what you're taking photos of?
    E3, E330. 12-60mm, 50-200mm, FL36R, FL50R. EX 25, and a few odds and ends .

Comment

thanks for your contribution WK. i was thinking more in terms of the menu settings. my preferred work method is to shoot raw w jpeg for edit/review. i like to shoot wide open as much as possible though not always, and if i need to stop down i try not to go more than f5.6. i find when shooting in A the metering is fooled and the pictures are underexposed, though easily corrected in raw. i also use M mode as well. what i've been curious about is, if long time users of the 330 have found subtle adjustments in the menu controls, vivid, normal, sharpness, etc., are recommended?
      i did try some olympus lenses from a friend and was amazed by the speed of the auto focus and clarity.
      thanks again.
      t
      Last edited by tajart; 25th October 2009, 03:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by tajart View Post
        ....i find when shooting in A the metering is fooled and the pictures are underexposed, though easily corrected in raw...
        Just a word of caution on this. The E-330 will display banding when it's under exposed. Advice you set to center weighted for your shooting. When you get the banding, it is not possible to correct or remove. Just make sure your exposure is correct to avoid it.
        My humble Photos

Comment

Working...
        X