E-620 vs. E-330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-620 vs. E-330

Would you recommend upgrading my E-330 to the upcoming E-620? Does it worth the investment? (I ask this becuase I really love my E-330).

Re: E-620 vs. E-330

My advice is to wait a litle while and see. The 620 has only just been announced and if it was me I would want to get my hands on one before making the purchase decision. In general terms the answer is yes though. Overall the 620 will be a 'better' camera than the 330 but it might just not suit you.

Comment

Just realised my mistake in P.M. Bear. Should have read E-620 not 630 doh!
      Iain

Comment

Iain

I made the assumption that was what you meant.

Comment

One consideration if you're used to the E-330 is the location of the flip-out screen on the E-620. The E-330 allowed discrete street photography - the 620 sticks the LCD screen out to the side a bit awkwardly. OTOH, the 620 screen has more angular adjustment....

Comment

Thanks for everybody's advice. I've already acquired the E-620 a few days ago. It is undoubtedly an excellent piece of work and I fell in love with it at first sight. I already tried a few experimental shots. For my taste the IS is the most important addition vs. the E-330, the outcome is sharper and promising. I found the screen very user friendly and flexible (the image is turning upside-down when you rotate the screen to keep it always upright). The programming is easy and friendly and shifting from the older E-330 body to the new E-620 seems to be smooth and easy. The lightweight feeling is also significant. The art functions are fun but not really essential. At first handling the new E-620 looks very promising for my photography (humble) achievements.

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase - you must be one of the first E620 owners here. Please report back to us on your thoughts and post some sample images.

Comment

I didn't even know they were available yet, congrats on the purchase!
                ~Reggie

Nikon D3s | D500 | Nikkor 300mm f/4 PF | Tamron 10-24 f/3.5-4.5 | 70-200 f/2.8 G2 | Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art | 500mm f/4 Sport

Panasonic GX8 | GF3 | 20 f/1.7 II | 12-35 f/2.8

Comment

Same move but I am not happy with the move. Namely Mode A LV. Why can't Oly do something like that Sony (A-330 & A-350).

The other unhappy thing is that 620 has more chromatic noise that the E-330.
                  My humble Photos

Comment

Working...
                  X