replied
    Re: I think I got a bargain....

a very good price from what I have seen them going for on the net,,

now just enjoy the camera and read the manual a few times,,

Leave a comment:

• fluffy
    replied

I also don't think so, and agree with Tony that I can focus very well with the tilt screen. I've never had a problem with that. And again like Tony I don't really do long lenses on the 330. Even the 14-150 is rarely used at longer than 100.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• TonyB
    replied

Originally posted by cledry View Post
    Does the 330 do focus confirmation with MF lenses like the L1?
    I don't think it does but you can now get a chipped lens adapter that fixes that. I'm not too worried about focus confirmation as the liveview takes care of that for me. My eyes are good enough to get a decent focus with the assistance of liveview or using my E-1 viewfinder. The only caveat is its more difficult at long focal lengths but I won't be using the E-330 for long telephoto work. I'll let my E-510 and 70-300mm take care of that.

Leave a comment:

• TonyB
    replied

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
    Great price and a wonderful camera. Goes well with the pancake and for a change the Panleica 14-150 which adds IS.

I lucked into a new 330 body over the summer for $300, and then fooling around on ebay recently I put a bid in on an L-1 body never intending to win, but no one else bid and I got that for another $300. Also a lovely camera, although I like the 330 a tad better for its tilt screen. But the L-1 is much cooler looking.

Steve
    Steve, I did look at the L1 but I really wanted that articulating screen and liveview mode A. I actually like the look of the E-330. Its just different, I'm a Mac and Olympus fan so it kind of fits my "stand out from the crowd" mentality. I do also like the look of the L1 too but I couldn't justify having one to my eternally patient wife.

Leave a comment:

• TonyB
    replied

Originally posted by WulfysKingdom View Post
    That's not a bad price. I brought mine about 2 months ago now. it was $270USD i think. Didnt have lens but box had everything in it.

I love the live view compared to the E510's live view. I think you'll really enjoy it if that's one of the reasons you bought it
    Yes I have the E-510 but haven't really used the liveview at all due to the fixed LCD. I really wanted the E-330 for the articulating screen as much as anything and now I will be able to make full use of my collection of manual lenses.
    My E-510 will mainly be used with the 70-300mm due to the IS.
    I've now got the E-1, E-330 and E-510 so I'm covered for bad weather, macro and manual lenses and telephoto. Ideally I'd like an E-3/E-30 but I couldn't justify the cost at the moment.
    I'm hoping to pick up a 9-18mm as my next purchase but that will have to wait a while now.

Leave a comment:

• TonyB
    replied

Originally posted by cledry View Post
    Nice deal, I look forward to seeing some legacy lens shots from your new/old camera.

I managed an equally good deal IMO, got a new L1 body for $225. It will probably mostly see use with the Olympus 25mm pancake and a Hexanon 40mm pancake.
    Thats an excellent deal as well. You definitely win the price wars in the US compared to here.
    I've picked up a Carl Zeiss 28mm 2.8 lens recently and I've also got some other legacy lenses like a Vivitar Series 1 70-210 2.8-4 and I'm looking forward to trying them on the E-330.

Leave a comment:

• cledry
    replied

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
    Great price and a wonderful camera. Goes well with the pancake and for a change the Panleica 14-150 which adds IS.

I lucked into a new 330 body over the summer for $300, and then fooling around on ebay recently I put a bid in on an L-1 body never intending to win, but no one else bid and I got that for another $300. Also a lovely camera, although I like the 330 a tad better for its tilt screen. But the L-1 is much cooler looking.

Steve
    Does the 330 do focus confirmation with MF lenses like the L1?

Leave a comment:

• fluffy
    replied

Steve

Leave a comment:

• WulfysKingdom
    replied

That's not a bad price. I brought mine about 2 months ago now. it was $270USD i think. Didnt have lens but box had everything in it.

I love the live view compared to the E510's live view. I think you'll really enjoy it if that's one of the reasons you bought it

Leave a comment:

• cledry
    replied

Nice deal, I look forward to seeing some legacy lens shots from your new/old camera.

I managed an equally good deal IMO, got a new L1 body for $225. It will probably mostly see use with the Olympus 25mm pancake and a Hexanon 40mm pancake.

Leave a comment:

• TonyB
    replied

Bear, thanks, I was beginning to feel a little jaded and lacking in inspiration but I'm excited about the creative possibilities the E-330 gives me. I shall try to get some shots done over the holiday.

Leave a comment:

• Bear
    replied

Congratulatsions - I look forward to seeing the results !

Leave a comment:

• TonyB
    started a topic I think I got a bargain....

I think I got a bargain....

I've just managed to pick up an E-330 with the old 14-45mm lens for 180 including postage. I've been after one of these for a while, mainly due to the Live-view A/B mode (for legacy lenses) and creative possibilities of the articulating screen.
    I checked the shutter actuations and was pleasantly surprised to see that it had only 413 on the clock. Effectively this is almost a new camera. I will be selling the lens as I don't need it so I've got a virtually brand new E-330 for approx 140. I'm well chuffed.
Working...
X