Lifestyle Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifestyle Change

This week I got a 330 (new). Why did I wait this long? (price maybe) It fits my hands perfectly, the controls are perfect, the pull down LCD is amazing, and the quality is enough for me. I'm not a pro, and I'll never print bigger than A3+ and rarely that. I don't shoot much in low light. I tried several lens and the one that feels best is the Panleica 25mm. It's such a retro feeling like the first SLRs I used. The 25 is of course razor sharp. I now have to try the macro's on it. I'm pretty sure my 510 is about to see a lot of shelf time. The 330 is a brilliant design.

Chrs, Stv
    Steve

Re: Lifestyle Change

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
    This week I got a 330 (new). Why did I wait this long? (price maybe) It fits my hands perfectly, the controls are perfect, the pull down LCD is amazing, and the quality is enough for me. I'm not a pro, and I'll never print bigger than A3+ and rarely that. I don't shoot much in low light. I tried several lens and the one that feels best is the Panleica 25mm. It's such a retro feeling like the first SLRs I used. The 25 is of course razor sharp. I now have to try the macro's on it. I'm pretty sure my 510 is about to see a lot of shelf time. The 330 is a brilliant design.

Chrs, Stv

Steve -

That's great. I'm looking forward to seeing a shot or two - the lens sounds great.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

But then, we all know retro is so cool
      Cheers....OzGary
      -----------------------------------
      E620 + ZD 14-42, 14-54, 40-150, 50-200, 70-300 and EC14 (+ E510)
      E-M1 + EP3 + VF-2 + u1250 + u1442 + u14150 + u17 + u45 + MMF-2

Picasa

Comment

I've recently picked up a s/h 330 and also like it very much. I will use it as a macro body in the main.
        Bill Shinnick
        Pana GH1; 14-140.

Comment

Originally posted by OzGary View Post
          But then, we all know retro is so cool
          And the older you get the more stuff is retro and easier to find (in the closet)

Chrs, Stv
          Steve

Comment

It's a wonderful camera. Add any of the Leica to it, then IS enabled camera!
            My humble Photos

Comment

I'm quite hoping the next one Oly brings out will be an upgraded E330, with IS.
              - my site -

Comment

Originally posted by Ellie View Post
                I'm quite hoping the next one Oly brings out will be an upgraded E330, with IS.
                Amen to that, I'm hanging out for articulating screen + IS. Really handy for Macro plus I like making low level shots and I would like to do it without having to lie down! The E-3 is a bit out of my bracket and I don't think I want something quite that heavy.

If Oly doesn't come up with this camera pretty soon I may just have to buy a good S/H 330 or even better find one that is new old stock.

Originally posted by fluffy View Post
                I now have to try the macro's on it.
                Any shots you can show us, Steve?
                Regards,
                Stephen

My website: australisimages.com

EM-1, E-3, E-500 | ZD 12-40mm, 12-60mm, 50-200mm, 70-300mm, 60mm Macro, 35mm Macro, 20mm Pany | FL50R & Metz 48 AF-1 Flash | Manfrotto tripod & monopod, Gorillapod

Comment

None that are good enough although the articulating screen is a joy. And the camera with the pancake looks like a big P&S.

I need to have a few quick back repairs to fix some of the wilder moments of my youth, so I've been a tad restricted.

Chrs, Stv
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X