Color Balance in HS Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Balance in HS Mode

Has anyone had a problem with these E-30 where the color looks great in the 1st or 2nd photo in a series in high speed mode, but the subsequent ones lacks the correct color balance.

Any solution/ suggestion?

Sean

Re: Color Balance in HS Mode

Sean:

Yes, I've noticed that when the White Balance is set to Auto, it sometimes changes depending on (I assume) anything from a change in the angle of the sun, a cloud passing by, dust , focus point, etc.

I notice this less with the E-30 than I did with my E-510.

Jim
    Tucson Jim

Comment

Sean,

You will have to explain your perception of the problem better to get useful advice.

Are you suggesting that your WB changes during a sequential series when it shouldn't or that it doesn't change when it should?
      E-P1, OMD E-M1, E400
      7-14/12-50/12-60/14-42/17/30(1.4)/35-100/40-150/45/50/50-200
      ec14/ec20/ex25/MMF-1, MMF-3/ RF11/FL50Rs/FL36R/SHV-1/AC-1/AC-2

Comment

It's possible you have auto bracket set to white balance?
        Bodies:
        Panny GH1 + OM2-SP + Pentax ME & LX
        Lenses:
        Lumix G 14-45mm, OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8, OM Zuiko 24mm f2.8, OM Vivitar 135mm f2.8, SMC-M 40mm f2.8, SMC-M 50mm f1.7, PKA Vivitar 19mm F3.8, Konica AR 40mm f1.8, MD Rokkor 45mm F2, Teleplus 2x Macro converter OM+MD

My New Blog:
        Dark & Industrial Photography & my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Clogwyn View Post
          It's possible you have auto bracket set to white balance?
          that would certainly screw things up if unintended!
          E-P1, OMD E-M1, E400

Comment

Originally posted by photo_owl View Post
            that would certainly screw things up if unintended!
            Bracketing is not turned on in anyway.

If I shoot 3 or 4 High Speed exposures. 1st shot colors look great across the color spectrum. 2nd one not bad, but colors muted. 3rd - 4th shot is all blues/ greens. Colors on the warm end of the spectrum are muted substantially.

Single shots look great and this does not happen all the time. Most of the time I am shooting 800 or 1000 ISO under lights in a stadium.

Sean

Comment

but has the camera changed the WB or not changed it when the lighting has changed - shooting under mixed artificial lights always has the potential to cause problems but what you are describing sounds far to regular and specific.

other related aspect will be whether you have set the WB to the external sensor or not - might just be worth swapping that over and trying the alternative. If you are shooting from an area illuminated with one lighting, into an area with another, this can have an impact.

I've certainly not noticed anything specific like this and shoot HS at those ISO's under floodlight/ambient mixed lighting for rugby (but don't have any other light sources around me - I'm just out in the open!
              E-P1, OMD E-M1, E400

Comment

Light conditions are constant as we are under lights in a football stadium.

WB is set to #2 which looks great on test shots.

Out 4 or 5 shots in a sequence in burst mode only 1 or 2 are usable with colors being correct. Having same problem this year again.

As I said before 1st or 2nd are not bad, but later shots have horrible colors. It is almost like the sensor is overwhelmed at the high ISO setting and trying to take a bunch of pictures at once.

Sean

Comment

Working...
                X