used e-30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! used e-30

i am upgrading from the e-510 to the e-30. because it is a used camera i was wondering if any one had any tips or pointers on things i could check to make sure that the camera is functioning properly. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: used e-30

Take some long exposures with the lens/body cap on (1s - 30s) without noise reduction and see if there are any HOT Pixels. You can map these out if there are some.

Do some shots of a white card and see if there are any DEAD/STUCK pixels.

A series of shots of the same subject at different speeds (Same f/stop) will show if the shutter is working to provide the different exposures.

An exposure meter is ideal for testing the metering of the camera, but if you get a reasonable image, most of the time metering either works or not.

Try all the anti-shake settings. Then make sure the body is controlling the lens as it should (DoF preview is useful) and choose a focus spot at the closest the lens will focus and then at a distance to see if the AF is doing it correctly.

Good Luck
    Graham

Keep smiling, it gets folk wondering what you've been up to

Comment

You may find that the images from the e510 are better than the e30. The e510 has a very weak filter to the sensor therefore images have more detail. When i bought a second hand e30 i was not impressed with the image quality compared to the e510.
      Good luck with your search.
      Regards, keith howes

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, I plan on applying those tips as soon as i receive the camera (it's on its way via ebay). I am disappointed about the picture quality. i thought I would be upgrading by going with the e-30 with all the additional improvements and advancements between it and the e-510 and i hadn't read anything to the contrary. thanks again and i'll post again once i receive the camera.

Comment

Working...
        X