LCD Monitor cover came apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD Monitor cover came apart

Last night, I was doing some indoor shots with my E-3 when I attempted to open the LCD monitor to view the menu screen. The monitor panel separated, top from bottom, it is held together by 2 very small screws. Looking closer the screws are screwed into plastic tabs, the upper is broken and the lower was stripped. I did not do anything different, just put my fingernail into the little slot to open the lcd monitor. my lcd monitor is now held together with duck tape, looks great
    Has anyone else had a similar problem?
    Called Olympus Us they say they have not had any problems reported.
    Come Visit
    E-3 and Sigma 150mm Gallery

Re: LCD Monitor cover came apart

Originally posted by mark_h View Post
    Last night, I was doing some indoor shots with my E-3 when I attempted to open the LCD monitor to view the menu screen. The monitor panel separated, top from bottom, it is held together by 2 very small screws. Looking closer the screws are screwed into plastic tabs, the upper is broken and the lower was stripped. I did not do anything different, just put my fingernail into the little slot to open the lcd monitor. my lcd monitor is now held together with duck tape, looks great
    I have heard of this problem. You can send your E-3 to Olympus for repair, or perhaps fix with a tiny amount of superglue. there is a link to someone else with the same fault below.

Stewart

http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthre...ht=LCD+monitor
    Stewart

Visit my website http://dryplaid.zenfolio.com/

Olympus: E-M1 + HLD-7 | PEN-F + ECG-4 | XZ-1 | EE-1 Dot Sight Lumix: G9 | LX100 Nissin: i40
    Zuiko: 40-150 Pro + MC-14 | 12-100 Pro | 7-14 Pro | 17 | 45 | 60 | OM 135 Leica: 100-400 | 12-60 Samyang: 7.5 fisheye Tamron: 14-150

Comment

That's an actually well known minor issue with the E-3 in Japan. Olympus improved the design of the LCD monitor housing for E-30.

E-3

E-30

Olympus also made the axis of rotation much sturdier for the E-30.

E-3

E-30: It's kind of hard to see it though.

- Hiro
      Last edited by hiro1030; 16th October 2009, 02:20 AM.

Comment

This has always felt like the weak spot when using my E-3 (the pivot point in particular, which feels weak every time you use it), and the first place I expect the camera to eventually fall apart under my rigorous use. Now that I know it's something I'm supposed to watch out for, I'll have to be extra careful with it.
        Last edited by Ned; 17th October 2009, 02:19 PM.
        Olympus E-3 | Olympus E-PL2 PEN | Olympus E-PM1 PEN | Zuiko ED 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 SWD | Zuiko 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5 | Vivitar 100mm f/2.8 Macro | Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135mm f/2.8 | Konica Hexanon 50mm f/1.4 | Konica Hexanon 85mm f/1.8 | G.Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 | Zuiko 35mm f/3.5 Macro | Zuiko 25mm f/2.8 | KMZ Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 | E.Zuiko 200mm f/4 | Zuiko 75-150mm f/4 | Olympus EC-14 teleconverter | VF-2 and VF-3 Viewfinders | EMA-1 Mic Adapter | Olympus FL-36R and FL-50R speedlights

cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mark,

It has been talked about alot!

Here is the link :

http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/showthread.php?t=47383

Comment

Working...
          X