Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 Error Code

Hi,

I am new to the E3, having bought a second hand body back in July. I have an E400 so use the same lenses between cameras.

All was well until a few weeks ago, when I changed the lens on my E3. In a moment of absent mindedness, I forgot to turn the camera to off before removing the lens.

Since then, randomly, when I am taking a photo, I get the message of F__ where the F number should be shown, and the auto focus doesn't auto focus. I can switch it off & on again & then carry on taking pictures.

I have changed batteries, also removed & refitted said lens, with the camera switched off, but am still getting the 'error code'.

Any ideas?

Re: E3 Error Code

It's not an error code, it's the display got get when the lens can't communicate its aperture value to the body. You get it when using legacy/manual focus lenses. I'd try cleaning the contacts on the lens and body.
    It's the image that's important, not the tools used to make it.

The Grumpy Snapper blog or follow me on Instagram.

Comment

Thanks, am using a Zuiko lens, bought with the E400, on the E-3. Will give cleaning the contacts (gently) a go!

Comment

In future if you don't have time or possibility to clean the contacts you can also try to remount the lens - usually it should help.
        I got the same issue couple of times with E520 while just turning on the camera (didn't change the lens) but after cleaning the contacts there has been no issues.
        E-1; E-520; E-M10; ZD 14-42; ZD 35+CIR-PL; ZD 40-150; FL-36R; Metz 52-AF1

Comment

Working...
        X